StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

anyone in the GTA interested in attending Lee Parks total control training?

I need a total of 5 people to book something over in Canton NY.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I would be interested in this.

How much would it cost?
When are you thinking of doing this?
Would we have to 'track prep' our bikes or ride rentals?

Thanks for looking into this.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I would be interested in this.

How much would it cost?
When are you thinking of doing this?
Would we have to 'track prep' our bikes or ride rentals?

Thanks for looking into this.
I'd HIGHLY recommend this course to anyone thinking about it. Cost depends on location (what they have to pay to rent the facility) but it's typically in the $300 - $400 range. No track prep necessary. The class is held in a parking lot, so the bike just has to be in good working order. There's info on Lee's website:

Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic

Here's my experience from taking the class a few weeks ago:

http://www.stromtrooper.com/general-v-strom-discussion/69118-lee-parks-total-control-clinic.html

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we have a couple of choices for folks in in the GTA.

1- travel to Michigan, there's a class there
2- travel to Troy NY, there's a class there
3- get enough people here to have the class in Toronto

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Would you want to do the course in the spring of 2012 or were you thinking of trying to see if we could arrange for a class in November?

Thanks for your post JPK. Right after I posted these questions I saw your thread in the general discussion and appreciate the time you took to put that review together. I also read through his website and have already read his book and some others.
That price seems very reasonable for what you get and will certainly be some of the best money I have spent on myself in a long time.

On a side note, what kind of frame sliders do you have on your bike? I have the mounts for my side cases and have some engine crash guards, but frame sliders would be good too.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would you want to do the course in the spring of 2012 or were you thinking of trying to see if we could arrange for a class in November?

Thanks for your post JPK. Right after I posted these questions I saw your thread in the general discussion and appreciate the time you took to put that review together. I also read through his website and have already read his book and some others.
That price seems very reasonable for what you get and will certainly be some of the best money I have spent on myself in a long time.

On a side note, what kind of frame sliders do you have on your bike? I have the mounts for my side cases and have some engine crash guards, but frame sliders would be good too.

I'm looking at 2012

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I would totally be up for 2012. If we had to travel, I would prefer Troy NY, as it is a much nicer ride to and from.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here is the info I got:

$320.00 per person.
Bikes need to be street legal and insured. No track prep necessary.
No rentals. Ride your own bike.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
That's a great price and the Strom is just the bike for it.
I've been reading some reviews on the classes over on ADV. Sounds very positive and since I have the book already, I can get myself reacquainted with it's content.

It would also be nice to have a second day practicing the stuff with others around for feedback...

·
Registered
302 Posts

You're welcome. I got so much out of that class I figured I'd share my experience with others.

Those are Altrider frame sliders. They only work with Altrider crash bars, but I believe that Blair at SV Racing Parts make a similar slider that works with other crash bars.

SVRacingParts.com

·
Registered
712 Posts
we have a couple of choices for folks in in the GTA.

1- travel to Michigan, there's a class there
2- travel to Troy NY, there's a class there
3- get enough people here to have the class in Toronto
I'm interested. I hear good things about the course, and I've read the book.

Is Canton NY still a choice? (mentioned in your first post).

Marc

·
Registered
705 Posts
I wish I didn't live so far away. When do you have to have the 5th person by?

·
Registered
751 Posts
I would be interested in that as well, depending on scheduling.I will be away from late April to May two four weekend in Aus :hurray:
Steve

·
Registered
712 Posts
I would be interested in that as well, depending on scheduling.I will be away from late April to May two four weekend in Aus :hurray:
Steve
Looks like we're getting people.

I'm busy (in the Adirondacks, actually), 1-3 June. I know I'm busy for another week in early summer as well, I'll find out (the date is already set, I just don't know what it is).

I'm still keen.

Marc

·
Registered
712 Posts
I'm still keen.
I know we're still at the general interest stage, but fwiw I am unavailable weekends of 2-3 June and 23-24 June, from Friday on.

Canton is closest to home here in Ottawa. Other locations in NY or ON can work as well.

Marc

1 - 20 of 48 Posts