StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, wondering if LED strips can be spliced into an existing turn signal circuit currently powering standard incandescant short stalk signals. I want to run some led strip lights on my handguards and side cases and I'm wondering if I'm going to need some sort of flasher relay or something. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I'm running LED strips on JC Whitney cases spliced into my factory signals with incand bulbs with no problems.
The relay sees the Incands and I have no resistance issue of just running LED's.
Mike

Hey all, wondering if LED strips can be spliced into an existing turn signal circuit currently powering standard incandescant short stalk signals. I want to run some led strip lights on my handguards and side cases and I'm wondering if I'm going to need some sort of flasher relay or something. Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
You can splice LEDs into the incandescent light circuit with no problems and no changes (NO resisters, NO flasher changes). They draw so little current that it won't make any difference on the circuit.

I have a set of Hyper-lites on the rear and am going to put a set of LED's on the hand guards as soon as it warms up a little.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts