StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swapped out the turn signals with LED signals. Will the fast flash rate hurt anything? I actually do not mind it, but do not want to leave it like that unless it is ok. I tried the inline resistors, but was not crazy about the cosmetics when finished. Also, if I decide to slow the flash rate, does anyone know where the flash relay is located?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
There are a lot of Suzuki 7 pin flashers online that support LEDs. Most are findable by searching for SV650 flashers. 38610-03F00 is Suzuki's part number for the flasher on most of their street bikes including yours.

http://www.amazon.com/Lighting-Cont...8662784&sr=1-1&keywords=suzuki+flasher+relays is one that will do the job for you for example. The flasher is in front of the battery. It also controls the side stand safety switch.

Edit: - Sorry, the Vee2's different, not using the 7 pin flasher. GW

·
Registered
97 Posts
FYI the 2014+ vstrom 1000 has a 2-pin flasher. No longer a 7 pin

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I got my LED turn signals from Suzuki. They came with relay replacement. The relay is 3-pin while bike's relay was 2-pin. As per instructions, new relay's 3rd pin had to be connected to negative on battery. Done all that and flashing rate is normal.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Damn. I looked up the part number for the before posting to make sure it was the same and missed the one digit change. 38610-06F00 on the Vee2 versus 38610-03F00 on older models. Sorry about that. Two connector flashers should be plentiful if you can find the proper connector orientation to be plug and play.

·
Registered
3 Posts
CEC Industries EF32RL Electronic Turn Signal Flasher Relay, LED Compatible, 2 + Ground Wire Prongs, 12 Volts
I purchased this relay from Amazon $9.30 Plug and play 2 connector but has a separate ground wire that needs to be attached to battery or another ground.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
I picked up a LED flasher on eBay several years ago. Worked fine ever since.

Alas, so long ago that even if I had a link it'd be unlikely to be accurate.

"Suzuki LED relay" got me a lot of hits on eBay, just be sure to get a LED one, that search picked up normal relays as well.

Pete

1 - 9 of 9 Posts