StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I 'm looking for an led configuration for my rear tail light. I have one on my KLR and it is VERY bright. Also, does anyone make clear lenses for the turnsignals?

Thanks for your insight(s).

·
Registered
152 Posts
Here is an option

·
Registered
152 Posts
front lights you can find on ebay -- several sellers-- they are night rider mini newt 300
rear are bontrager ember tail lights-- only place I have found them is on bontragers website and it will link you over to trek's website.

These lights are very bright and are easily visible during the day.

·
Registered
152 Posts
the ember light is red
the glo is white.

I don't have the glo-- just the ember.

You should be able to just buy the ember if you dont want the white light.

However I have sometimes wondered about installing the glo up front on my crash bar--
I had some bell lights laying around for the bottom front that I used

·
Registered
635 Posts
Am I reading correctly that those are battery powered? Is that a hassle turning them on and off, or are they wired up somehow?

·
Registered
152 Posts
yes they are all battery operated --
I know , I know -- some of you will think this is pretty cheesy -- but I like the fact that they are not wired in.. The batteries last a long time -- I actually have not replaced the tail lights yet in 3 months -- battery life is supposed to be 40-50 hours. the front top lights are plug in rechargeable -- I plug them in weekly overnight in the garage.

It really does not bother me to turn them on and off. pretty quick and easy.
the rears have a very fast blink mode -- like a flutter-- I use them during the day to get peoples attention.

to each their own.
I leave the rears on when I go in to the gas station and have had several people ask if I have an alarm system in the bike-- I just tell them yes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts