StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More correctly, brake light, I guess. I have an LED tail light on my KLR 650 and really like it. On brake application it flashes slowly, then faster before coming full on. I live in the city (Boston) and found it really effective. But it came with the bike so I don't even know what model it is.

Will any ole LED replacement light work, or are some a better fit than others? I contacted Custom Dynamics and they said they'd never heard of a V-Strom....

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
More correctly, brake light, I guess. I have an LED tail light on my KLR 650 and really like it. On brake application it flashes slowly, then faster before coming full on. I live in the city (Boston) and found it really effective. But it came with the bike so I don't even know what model it is.

Will any ole LED replacement light work, or are some a better fit than others? I contacted Custom Dynamics and they said they'd never heard of a V-Strom....
There is a LED taillight for the Strom. However it has no flashing mode, simply works as the stock. You should add a brake light modulator to achieve the flashing feature. It has E approval, clear lens and is plug'n'play.

Night Wolf has one, run a search on the forum.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Gizmo Mill

I had one of these on my old R1100GS:

http://www.homebody-design.com/catalog/brake/brake.html

It did everything you're looking for. I emailed them a few weeks ago about a replacement light for the Wee, and they told me that they were working on it, and that I should check back in a few months. Got my calendar marked. It's a great product. When they ship it, I'll post a review here.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
I have the one available out of Europe and I like it :cool: Saves me valuable watts for powering accessories

There is a LED taillight for the Strom. However it has no flashing mode, simply works as the stock. You should add a brake light modulator to achieve the flashing feature. It has E approval, clear lens and is plug'n'play.

Night Wolf has one, run a search on the forum.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Haven't been out late at night with it to get a pic. It stays light here late in the evening (10:30) I'll see what I can do this week at work

You should show us some pictures of it in operation . . . .

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I purchased one of these from Germany and was not happy with the light at all. I found that the stock setup was brighter. I am all for saving some watts but not at the risk of my safety. I did take some pictures and will post them below if I can figure out. Both were running off my power supply (getting the correct voltage). Sorry if they are a little blurry but you should get the idea. I have more picture if interested with them being pointed at a white surface.

Brian

Standard V-strom light and German LED light brake light_Small.JPG Brake Light

Standard V-strom light and German LED light running light_Small.JPG Running Light

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts