StromTrooper banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Just to update this thread a little bit, my Cyclops H7 lasted for about a year and then one side of the LED bulb has died. While I was using Cyclops, a friend of mine purchased Zdatt H7 and showed me the beautiful light pattern it makes. I purchased a pack of two bulbs (they only sell a pair) for about 20USD, installed one of them and yes, the pattern is great, much better then Cyclops.
If somebody is interested, I've got them from AliExpress. The only thing you need to be careful about is, it has to be the latest model, the one that you can see on the photo bellow:

As for installation, it's just a classical way. Remove the plastic ring (turning anti-clockwise), install only the plastic ring, install the bulb by pushing it in and turning clockwise.
I'll see how long Zdatt lasts. I have Zdatt H9 for a long in my High Beam but as it's rarely used, it is normal to last for a long.
Nice ! How are they working now?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
same here, wasn't expecting it before the end of the week so it's a nice suprise. I want to record before after night video to show the difference.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
Well it has been a couple of days I've installed my Hoglights and here's my opinion

First the build quality of the light look pretty good, but there's room for improvement when it come to the wires and connectors. The way the wires come out of the back of the housing could be a stress point and they should have provided connector that sealed. (I've put dielectric grease so should be fine)

Next there was no install instructions, this wasn't a big issue for me since it wasn't that hard to figure out, but could be for someone else.

Finally, the light output and beam pattern are great, the high beam work really well, but I have an issue with the low beam. On a dark road with only the low beam the light is very bright and light up the road more than the OEM headlight, this extra light blind you and create a wall of darkness in front of you instead of fading out. I need to play with my rear suspension to try to get the low beam to go a bit higher, maybe this will help.

I've took a before and after video, but my phone automatically adjust the light sensitivity and make the comparison useless...

Here's 2 clips that might help
OEM
LED

Also here's a quick "guide" to install them

1. Remove windshield

2. Remove the 2 grey plastic trim (3 screws on each side, slide to remove)

3. Remove dash (unplug 2 connectors, remove 2 screws and 4 pins
4. Under the cowling unclip the wire harness and temp sensor
5. Remove the 2 screws holding the cowling start to remove it (you will have to play with the windshield brackets)

6. Unplug the 5 connectors and remove the cowling completely

7. Remove the light and also remove the rubber grommet (6 screws, a little WD40 will help)

8. Install the rubber grommet to the new light

9. Install the light in the cowling

10. Reassemble everything in reverse order

Install done

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I was almost ordering one for my bike but not being able to adjust the beam hight put me off completely. There are some other versions on the market and as I can remember one of them allows you to adjust the beam.
So, I'll keep on watching the evolution and hoping the adjustable one will pop out somewhere on the market.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Here's a small update regarding the Hoglights.

I use a tinted visor when I ride in the daytime (use my clear one at night), but yesterday I went to the office early afternoon and needed to load a few thing in my top box, so I left the clear visor at home since I was going to be back at for dinner... Encountered some issues that needed to be resolved and by the time I was done it was 10 PM. The blindness issue I had with the low beam was gone with the tinted visor and visibility was still very good compared to the tinted visor and OEM light. Actually for city driving at night I might keep the tinted now since I had much less glare from ongoing traffic too.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts