StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surprised to have my mechanic tell me that the Denali 2 LED driving lights that I installed on the Wee didn't meet the PA code as I had them installed and that he was rejecting my bike during the annual inspection process. Specifically, he said that fog lights can work ONLY w low beams and Aux driving lights can work ONLY w high beams. Neither can be on all of the time!

Sure that he was wrong, I called the state. There is language that explicitly allows LED light pods in the law here. Alas, it is I who was mistaken. The LED language is meant for lights on the side and lower wattage. (I am told that the PA regs mirror US DOT language.) As a result, I will connect both the blue and white trigger wires to the high beam relay and my D2s will be on only when my high beams are on.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
... aaaand once you have the magic sticker, reconnect them they way you want them, right? :mrgreen:

Maybe you can find a different inspector next time, too.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Why not connect them to work as Fog lights, and call them fog lights? That's the way the lights work on my car. They aren't really fog lights but that's what they call them, so they only work when the low beams are on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts