StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not find a post for recommendations on LED auxiliary light kits. I am interested in a kit I can mount to the Adventure crash guards. Small lamp assemblies, wiring, mounting brackets, the whole thing. Any suggestions for a small compact lamp? Some I have seen on other bikes are just too large. LED for the low current draw advantage.:confused:

Thanks

·
Registered
7,437 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
One of the Ebay vendors offers a kit, WITH mounting hardware - which is good

"2allbuyer" - we aren't allowed to post links, but I think they've advertised here and advrider.

I got this kit:
2 12V 1600LM LED Light Suzuki V-Strom (etc)

These things are VERY bright, you need at least an off switch - which doesn't come with their kit, but the mounts were good. 3000lm may be excessive ;)

I pulled them apart and checked the innards, spread the heatsink paste under the LED's a bit and added more where the metal carrier meets the case, but they were adequate as-is. I suspect they'll all be similar as far as build quality goes.

Pete

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wil look into all these. Most I have found mount to a bracket under the fairing at the head lights.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Like this (These are not run off of the bikes battery) these are Rechargeable.
-- I could run these at night without the the headlight and see just fine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have decided on the lights I will be fitting to my SW motech brackets and have contacted the manufacturer in China to buy 50 of them. I will keep 2 or 4 and sell the rest off on ebay. This is them they are a 10 watt cree LED and are selling for $185 a pair on ebay and I will be looking at selling them at $155+ post if I can do a deal with the manufacturer.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
There are much better options out there for $185

Including one by a fellow Stromtrooper...cough cough.

PM me for specifics.

I have decided on the lights I will be fitting to my SW motech brackets and have contacted the manufacturer in China to buy 50 of them. I will keep 2 or 4 and sell the rest off on ebay. This is them they are a 10 watt cree LED and are selling for $185 a pair on ebay and I will be looking at selling them at $155+ post if I can do a deal with the manufacturer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts