StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd like something small I can mount on my crash bars. I found some smaller round lights at the local auto store which would work, but they are 50w. I'd rather have a LED set which draws less power.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
. I'd rather have a LED set which draws less power.
I have some home made LED fog lights, and a set of led goflights I bought off of eBay, together the four lights draw about 20-30 watts. My led's will not blind you in the day, and at night I'm seen but also not blinding. They will NOT light the road up. Look below my headlights on the Lightbar

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Cheap halogen fog lights plus LED replacement bulbs work. The LED bulbs don't light the road, but they're OK as conspicuity lighting. Cheap fogs are easier to throw away when the bike takes a nap. Get the lights as far away from our bright headlights so they're easier to spot. Yellow is probably better to be seen than white.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Denali Led lights

Hi!

Bought these Denali D1 LED lights at Twistedthrottle. Despite what's has been posted before, I think they actually give a lot of light when driving at night. They don't throw the light as long as a high beam, but helps a lot at a shorter range. At daytime they make the bike very visible, due to the very bright white light.
The pack included both fog lenses and driving beam lenses. I use the latter. Because they draw only 10w a piece, they're supposed to be very suitable for a wee, because the wee doesn't produce a lot of extra electricity.
I think these are good value as well, but maybe over your budget? I haven't had them long enough to really know about the quality but the feel of them is however tough and rigid.

Good luck if you haven't bought yet!

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Those are what I am looking for, though they are a bit outside my price range. Being retired and on a fixed budget, I was trying to get something less expensive.

Are there lower wattage bulbs which would fit the aux lights like those Walmart sells? If so where?

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
I modified the round yellowish figlight housing so I could fit a 3W LED bulb I bought from Superbright
('http://www.ledssuperbright.com/popup_image/pID/218')
And I have the LED Fog Lights as well from eBay, these bullet like things are bright, but do not blind

·
Registered
186 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I am thinking of going this route. Not cheap , but I saw them on a BMW and they are really well built and a good review..maybe Santa Clearwater Krista Lights - webBikeWorld
You're nuts to spend that much money on them. The link to ADV Monster I posted previously is the exact same technology and more light for less than half the price.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I agree with the internet psychologist....the Clearwater lights are nuts.

I know the ADV Monster lights are out there, but I want to offer myself as another distribution point. These lights are manufactured overseas, and I have them in inventory right now.

I will gladly offer them to the Stromtroopers at $175 a pair, shipped. Each pair will include 2 mounting brackets for 7/8" or 1" bars as well.

Here they are mounted on my DL1K:

Closeup:

Some info for you:

Each light unit has 4 Cree leds, producing a total of 1800 lumens per unit. The total energy usage is 20 watts, which is well below most conventional accessory lights, and I can guarantee the amount, quality, and longevity of these lights will be superior to any conventional bulb you can buy.

Lights will come in a PAIR (2 units)
Black Aluminum housing (Waterproof, sealed unit with O-rings and screw-on heatsink)
Ring style mounting bracket allows this light to be mounted on a flat surface without having any issue about correctly aiming
Pair of lights will include 2 bar clamp mounting brackets for 7/8 inch or 1 inch bars. Ideal for handlebars, grabrails and engine guard mounting

I will also warranty the lights for 1 year.

PM me for details or questions, but in the world of LED Aux lights, I haven't seen anything that comes close.

This shows you the change from HID headlights (35watt, 5000K), and flicking on the LEDs:

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Those are what I am looking for, though they are a bit outside my price range. Being retired and on a fixed budget, I was trying to get something less expensive.

Are there lower wattage bulbs which would fit the aux lights like those Walmart sells? If so where?
Yes. The Walmart lights have a 50 watt MR-16 halogen bulb. 10,20 and 35 watt bulbs are available. Just look for a MR-16 bulb with your choice of wattage. My SO has 20 watt bulbs in her driving lights and they work quite nicely on her cruiser. Adds a very noticeable triangular effect to her single headlight during the day and compliments the SilverStar headlight bulb at night.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I will gladly offer them to the Stromtroopers at $175 a pair, shipped. Each pair will include 2 mounting brackets for 7/8" or 1" bars as well.
Sold! Best deal out there, folks. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 80 Posts