StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I 've just tried out a Tomtom Rider 400 on my bike attached to a Ravetech GPS mount .

I thought having a GPS on the bike would be to distracting while riding , but I really like it because the screen isn't too big .

My question is : does anyone leave the Ram mount with the Rider mount on their bike , with the GPS removed ?

It seems a whole easier to just slot the GPS straight into the mount & ride , than having to set everything up each time .

Your thoughts please , cheers

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I have a Garmin that I leave the gps craddle mounted at all times. Just remove the gps itself.
No problems so far..........;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Garmin here as well. I leave the whole mount and cradle on the bike and just pull the GPS itself off and bring it inside with me if I am staying the night somewhere. Other than that I leave it on the bike all the time. Not many people would know what the mount is for to begin with let alone what GPS it gets used with.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply guys .

I'll give it a go leaving the Ram & the mount .

Yeah that's what I thought too about ....Not many people would know what the mount is for to begin with let alone what GPS it gets used with

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
I also use a Garmin that gets removed but the Ram Mounts stay put.

I changed out the big butterfly nut on the ram for a nyloc nut to reduce the chance of theft.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now that's smart thinking I'll try that too Rolex

·
Registered
172 Posts
I do the same with my Garmin but I usually also put a ziploc bag over the empty mount. It probably isn't necessary but it makes me feel better.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
I too have a Garmin. It stays on the bike during the day unless I am going to be away for an extended period. At night I pop it out and take it with me. The mount, a SW-Motech with Touratech locking bracket with cradle, stays on the bike all day and all night.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I also use a Garmin that gets removed but the Ram Mounts stay put.

I changed out the big butterfly nut on the ram for a nyloc nut to reduce the chance of theft.
I nominate this as best idea I have read in a long time. I leave the ram mount arm on the bike and always wondered when someone would borrow the arm or the amps rugged mount.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts