StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably gonna pull out Thursday morning and may drive straight through, or maybe get a room just south of the border. We'll see how we're feeling.
Gonna be staying toward Tampa and will be about 70 miles from Daytona.
All the times I've been to bike week, I never seem to make it to the west coast, so this time, looks like I'm finally gonna see it. :hurray:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Awesome trailer!

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
I trailer down as well. I leave at 10PM on Wed and drive all night.....get there around 9AM. That stretch of I-10 across Florida gets looooooong at night........deer scattered everywhere too. I camp for 4 days........go byself.......and worry about breaking a leg or something while down there which would prevent me from riding back home. I won't put my family in a position where they have to come retrieve me unless I'm really banged up. The vstrom rallys are a different story: I feel SOMEONE there would help a member out if it came to it, so I ride my bike to those. Might be different if I could ride down to 'Toner with some buddies........but no one likes me and I have no friends. :argue:

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
what's that ugly square thing???
That's me :hurray:

Funny thing is, I was gonna ride my new Wee down and stay with a couple I've stayed with previously in Ponce Inlet.
One of my coffee shop mates, who just started riding last year, asked if I wanted company, and that he had a house down there.
So, I said, "Sign me up"
I'm planning on doing another cross country ride later this year, so I'll have all the macho "I rode mine, that I can stand". Might even make it into B.C. :hurray:

Staying the whole 10 days?????? Some other vstromers will be there.........
http://www.stromtrooper.com/events/72128-bike-week-2012-daytona.html
I will also, just riding a zrx1100 instead of my strom. I'll be camped in the Deland area.........15 miles west of 'Toner. Hope to see ya there........!!:thumbup:
That's kewl, I'll PM ya and see if we'all can hook up, maybe at the track or so

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Ponce Inlet Area = NIZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful area........I usually ride down there just for the scenery.......Lighthouse, beach, sunset, fishing boats coming in, maybe grab something to eat at one of the resturants on that end. The speed limit is strictly enforced (I believe), so watch yerself........!!

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
If I were coming from NJ, I'd be looking for a damn trailer too!

Riding is supposed to be fun...not a bizzare test of manhood!

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
The vstrom rallys are a different story: I feel SOMEONE there would help a member out if it came to it, so I ride my bike to those.
Don't count on it buddy, I'm a jerk. Just ask any of the 400,000 or so pleather pirates whose company you are bound to enjoy down there.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts

If you were coming from New Jersey you'd be a real man and what you'd consider a bizarre test of manhood would merely be your daughter's daily commute.

Mea Culpa: My V-Strom was trailered to South Florida and back to moto-paradise in 2007. It got talked into it by a pretty Sportster. It was probably the most pointless logistic exercise of my life.

Happy news: I just traded up from fiberglas to plastic, foam and velcro.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Well here is a novel idea, I am riding my bike to TRAILER WEEK :thumbup:

Yep leaving from Decatur, IL Wed 7th March and will stop over at Savannah, GA Fri night 9th for a 1/2 mile flat track (Dirt track) race, then onto Daytona area Saturday morning. Out to Volusia Speedway on Sunday for another 1/2 mile and then to the Grand National Short Track races at the International Speedway on Thu & Fr night. If you guys see a old man on a Black 2011 with Suzuki luggage from IL honk & run me down for a cup or a can. :hurray:

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ponce Inlet Area = NIZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful area........I usually ride down there just for the scenery.......Lighthouse, beach, sunset, fishing boats coming in, maybe grab something to eat at one of the resturants on that end. The speed limit is strictly enforced (I believe), so watch yerself........!!
I got pulled over because I didn't have eye protection. I was behind a full windshield on my Harley. In NJ, eye protection isn't required if the windshield is over your eye height. Cop was OK, I put on my glasses and he was good with that.
A great place to eat in PI, is Boondocks. It's on the bay side, great seafood.
https://foursquare.com/v/boondocks-restauant/4b66326df964a52091182be3

Well here is a novel idea, I am riding my bike to TRAILER WEEK :thumbup:

Yep leaving from Decatur, IL Wed 7th March and will stop over at Savannah, GA Fri night 9th for a 1/2 mile flat track (Dirt track) race, then onto Daytona area Saturday morning. Out to Volusia Speedway on Sunday for another 1/2 mile and then to the Grand National Short Track races at the International Speedway on Thu & Fr night. If you guys see a old man on a Black 2011 with Suzuki luggage from IL honk & run me down for a cup or a can. :hurray:
I'll be on a white 2011 with Jersey plates, LOL, I'll be looking for you at the track.

·
Registered
77 Posts
FNG

New guy here, first post....former Floridian from New Smyrna Beach, just South of Daytona. Anyway in NSB (New Smyrna Beach) hit JB's out on highway A1A (I call that the Canadian highway, A 1, EH?), Pub 44 (you prolly no that) and a fish place (can't remember its name) just south of the north causeway on Riverside Drive (left side if you're heading south, hidden drive, wait, it's called Sea Harvest)take the north Causeway to Flagler Ave and go for a drive on the beach (then wash yer bike throughly) On the beach turn left (north) and ride up to Ponce Inlet. This is where the majority of shark bites happen in FL and famous for surfing and surfergirls. 'Breakers' is a great restuarant for a beer/burger just before you get onto the beach. On the left side of the access, across from the parking lot. (Oh, I get $10 for every parenthesis I use today) AND, for a nice dinner the Hotel just across the North Causeway on the south side.

AND, if you see anyone I know, say Hi!

Have fun!! Oh, remember Loud Pipes Saves Lives unless you live there.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
AN FYI

ABATE of FL will have the cheapest camp sites around. They have several different types of sites, showers, bathrooms, and serving food about 18 hours a day. Just ask around for directions.

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Having seen this post on the Stromtrooper forum I will henceforth be denied the exquisite pleasure of making fun of Harley guys and their trailer queens.

Thanks a lot!:thumbdown:

Shhhh...don't tell anyone about my toy hauler. Ya see, it's more of a camper than a bike trailer, so...

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hit JB's out on highway A1A (I call that the Canadian highway, A 1, EH?), Pub 44 and a fish place called Sea Harvest take the north Causeway to Flagler Ave and go for a drive on the beach ride up to Ponce Inlet. 'Breakers' is a great restuarant for a beer/burger just before you get onto the beach.
AND, if you see anyone I know, say Hi!
I love JB's Fish Camp. I'm not a drinker, but their house drink is something wit rum in it. Two of 'em, mummifies me, but their great fish plates, help neutralize them.
The dude that was riding with me, ignored my suggestion, to carry a jacket, and he was crying by the time we got back to our adobe. Think it was in the low forties after dark.
Last year, I stayed just south of Pub 44. It's a happening place, but way too pricy for this social security collector, to become attached.

Having seen this post on the Stromtrooper forum I will henceforth be denied the exquisite pleasure of making fun of Harley guys and their trailer queens.
Thanks a lot!:thumbdown:
Shhhh...don't tell anyone about my toy hauler. Ya see, it's more of a camper than a bike trailer, so...
LOL, I also belong to the Harley Enthusiasts forum(have a FatBob & Street Glide) and chuckle at the "trailer" discussions, that are repeatedly posted on that subject.
The only subject funnier then the trailer posts, are the "what's makes you a biker" posts.:party:

·
Registered
9 Posts

I know you're not talking about my manhood!!! :)
I'll be riding down next Wednesday to Jax and then points south.
And yes I'm riding straight through.
Got some new gadgets since you last saw her!

Sorry I missed you for the FLC2C this year but I had a prior commitment once the date was moved.

Rob

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
ABATE of FL will have the cheapest camp sites around. They have several different types of sites, showers, bathrooms, and serving food about 18 hours a day. Just ask around for directions.
Are helmets allowed?

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
1 - 20 of 62 Posts