StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the oil has leaked out of my rear shock and I am looking for a replacement. Has anyone else had this problem and do you know of an aftermarket unit that will work? The stock part is not rebuildable and Suzuki wants a small fortune for a new one. Does anyone know of a V-Strom that is being parted out and have a monoshock for sale? Please HELP!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ffron,

You might want to try Wilbers. Some other Strommers have purchased from tham and have been happy. Here's the link,
http://www.wilbers.de/usa/

The shock isn't listed on the site so you might have to email them. Not exactly sure why it might leak. Where is it leaking from?

By the way, welcome to the forum.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LEAKING MONOSHOCK 650 V-STROM

Thanks for the reply and referral to Wilburs. ( I have emailed them to see if they offer a replacement.) The shock is leaking around the shaft so I'm assuming the seal is damaged. Thanks again for the assistance. If other Stromers have additional suggestions I would be grateful.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LEAKING MONOCHOCK

Thanks for the referral. I have emailed this company and requested additional information. Has anyone else experienced this shock failure?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts