StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After almost 32,000 mies with my Vstrom I finally had to pick it up today.

Now, I've done my share of fire roads and power line runs, nothing to crazy and, somehow managed to keep it upright but not today.

Nope, today I finally had to pick up my V.
Not climbing some crazy dirt hill, nope. No rock defected me off the bike.

No, I was in a hurry and pulled into my parking spot and jumped off the bike.
Yup, you guessed it, I forgot to put the kick stand down, brilliant!

My punishment, broken hand guard and some good scratches, all much deserved for such a stupid, stupid thing to do.

Thankfully no one saw it to laugh at me so I figured I would post here to give you guys a chuckle so I don't do it again.

Let the ribbing begin....................:headbang:

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Fell over in my parking spot at work also.Put my foot and let the bike roll forward just enough to have my foot on the ground BEHIND me,most of my coworkers were standing just feet away!!.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Ive had brain farts myself, good thing its a Vstrom its just prettier scratched:thumbup:
Mike

·
Administrator
13,679 Posts
My friend Heavy did the same thing a couple of years ago.

We were riding in Pennsylvania and had ridden 666 a short while before. We came to an intersection with a stop sign. I stopped. Heavy stopped. And fell over! Just forgot to put his foot down! Now, I almost did the same thing a couple of days before some shouldn't have but I started laughing my guts out. He did too.. We sat at the side of the road for about 15 minutes just laughing.

The sad thing was that it broke the left footage right off his DL1000. We stil had a couple of days of riding to do and I have to say he is a real trooper and rode the next two days without a foot peg.

..Tom

·
Registered
766 Posts
I done almost the same this. Not quite getting the kick stand all the way locked in, bike rolled forward, down it went. Had a couple passer by's looking. Not going to laugh as it was a bitch to get back up right. Long day, tired legs, I'm really tall, no leverage.... tough on the back.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Only time I've dropped the Wee was after I parked on a gravel lot pointing down hill. My guess, didn't quite deploy the kickstand far enough.

I've dropped a Kawi Nomad forgetting the kickstand in my garage. That's embarrassing.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
All it did was bust up the R turn signal,now it matches the left !!!.

·
Registered
223 Posts
HappyWanderer, did exactly the same. Just got it too, and plop, over it went. I was walking away from the bike as it was parked, and I was thinking, "I wonder if perhaps I should turn the bike around because maybe..." I heard a clunk, looked back, and there is was - laying down.

·
Registered
75 Posts
How long did it take to fall?

I have yet to do this on my Wee, but I remember once on a road bicycle with my feet strapped in. Going up a long hill I changed gears and the chain came off. I was in traffic so I pulled over to the side of the road to dismount. Forgot all about my fee. The fall ( luckily into a ditch to the right) seemed to take forever...

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
The L signal got broken by it falling off the kickstand heading down hill.The guy I was following crashed in front of me and looked to be out of it in the middle of the road.I stopped and put the kickstand down,hopped off and went running down to him only to have my my bike pass me and crash into his....

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
I was teaching a friend to ride and he forgot to put his stand down before getting off the bike. Since I was stopped right next to him and since I'm a helpful type of guy, I grabbed onto his bike (while still straddling mine); luckily I realized my mistake and let go of it just in time to prevent it from pulling my bike down with it.

I've had sidestands fold up on me, but I've never forgotten to pull one down; on the wee, that's how I shut my engine off.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Dropped mine at a reststop backing out of parking spot. i bent the clutch lever and hurt my pride. I am now glad i got that out of the way. Riding the WEE often brings a smile to my face. I will probably drop it again someday:jawdrop:

·
Registered
522 Posts
Last month in my Garage.

Wife watching. Did I feel stupid.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I think the 'never been down' thing is overrated.

Eff it, it's just a motorcycle.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I did that last March after riding 1,500 miles in 3 days without an incident. Pulled into the garage already thinking about unloading the bike, stepped off...it hung there for just a few seconds...then CLUNK. At least it missed the car.

It won't be long till bikes come with gyroscopes that will keep it upright by itself.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts