StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow will be my last ride out on my new Wee for a fair while as im going into Hospital for a hip replacement. Im in a fair amount of pain but determined to have one last go.Will keep reading the forums and wishing i was out on an adventure, still when i get my new bionic hip the worlds my oyster !

·
Registered
86 Posts
Good luck to ya!

I will join you in your web ride in two weeks... foot surgery. Not as pain-full I am sure, but no moto-ing just the same.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Tomorrow will be my last ride out on my new Wee for a fair while as im going into Hospital for a hip replacement.
Enjoy your ride & heal quickly.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Should I change the title to "Last ride for a while."? It might be a better affirmation.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Tomorrow will be my last ride out on my new Wee for a fair while as im going into Hospital for a hip replacement. Im in a fair amount of pain but determined to have one last go.Will keep reading the forums and wishing i was out on an adventure, still when i get my new bionic hip the worlds my oyster !
My wife walked up the stairs a hell of a lot easier on the day I picked her up from the hospital than she did on the day before she went it. She's a hippie too. :yes nod:

Good luck, it should go well!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Fear mot!

I had both my hips replaced on the same day, six years ago. It was a piece of cake. I was back home in four days. Back on my bike ten weeks later. When I asked about riding, doc said, just don't fall down.

You will absolutely love your new implant. It will change your life for the better. I had the Styker ceramic hips replacements installed as they say they last 30 years or more. No problems so far. I can actually throw my leg over the bike when getting on now.

Plan on a full recovery lasting about a year, however, you'll be happy with your new hip joint in a couple months. Its just keeps getting better.

PM me if you want to talk more about your surgery. Good luck. Bob Glenn

·
Registered
205 Posts
Just focus on how much better you're going to feel after the recovery, and how many more awesome rides you'll be going on! :thumbup:

btw, my neck, shoulders, back, hips, and knees are pretty trashed. I hope I still have some good years left myself...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Good luck to ya! I had some surgery myself and had to look at my new Wee in the garage with 11 miles on it from 4/20 until I could ride it on 6/5. It was a long wait but I'm loving it now with over 2200 miles on it.

Hope your procedure goes well and you're back on the road soon.

·
Registered
516 Posts
A stroke,aorta replacement,both femoral arteries replaced from my balls to my ankels. Looking forward to my next ride kept me alive. And the next ride was the best ride of my life. Hang in their you will be fine. Don't forget to fill the bike to the top with gas & hook up the tender:thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts