StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was beautiful out today so we did a little dirt ride to finish out the season for us.

See the route here

Only 2 what I would call challenging sections (both hill climbs, but sorry no photos of those) otherwise a pretty easy ride.

·
Evolving Curmudgeon
1,119 Posts
Looks like nice country. I'm jealous.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing. However, the title "last ride of the season" was very sad. I hope u can get some more time in the saddle.
saludos,
Pako

·
Super Moderator
4,603 Posts
I know what you mean - it's starting to get too bloody hot to ride. I was going to have a ride yesterday but it was 30 deg C - too hot when one gears up.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Great scenery in the pics. Beats my view of peak hour everyday.

·
Registered
15,409 Posts
"too hot when one gears up."

You wouldn't like Death Valley in the Summer.
Going camping locally and the weather report suggests low 30's at night. I find out if my 20 degree bag is any good.
I California, it's rarely time to put the bike away!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing. However, the title "last ride of the season" was very sad. I hope u can get some more time in the saddle.
saludos,
Pako
It is nice enough to still ride in the afternoons, but the mornings are dipping below freezing so a little risky IMHO.

I don't feel sorry for you p38arover

·
Registered
490 Posts
I rode to work this morning. The main roads were OK (down low in the valley) but my driveway was a bit slick with ice. I may have to park it until the roads dry out a bit!

·
Super Moderator
4,603 Posts
"too hot when one gears up."

You wouldn't like Death Valley in the Summer.

In California, it's rarely time to put the bike away!
You're right about Death Valley!

Doesn't it get excessively hot in Calif? In high summer here just west of Sydney, it's regularly 40 deg C in summer and, in February, 45 deg C.

'Tis still OK to ride at night and will be for a while yet.

It is nice enough to still ride in the afternoons, but the mornings are dipping below freezing so a little risky IMHO.

I don't feel sorry for you p38arover
:mrgreen:

I certainly couldn't handle Canadian winter weather! :D

·
Premium Member
3,417 Posts
I live about 3 hours from Death Valley. It's a beautiful place with plenty of dirt or paved roads or hiking trails to explore from November through April. August is a good time to hike 11000 ft telescope peak and others though. You'll find hot springs, pictographs, petroglyphs and ghost towns. See you there.

·
Premium Member
4,183 Posts
I know what you mean - it's starting to get too bloody hot to ride. I was going to have a ride yesterday but it was 30 deg C - too hot when one gears up.

Badump.. Pshhh...

Rub it in.. :)

If i had the money i would spend summers here, then summers there. Wouldn't that be fun. :)

I should mention, here in Vancouver we rarely get snow, so can nearly go all year round. The cooler weather is the best really. I only stop when the ice arrives, which isnt often.

R

·
0 Posts
I certainly couldn't handle Canadian winter weather! :D
I'm sure you would do quite well here.
If you are used to a dry climate you don't feel the cold.
In Alberta they say "It's a dry cold and in -40 you can get away with a sweater and a wind breaker".(as long as it's not too windy)
Nothing to it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts