StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ex- moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the main electrical connector under the gauges come apart?

...I'm tracing an issue with the fuel gauge that fails to display the top bar - I achieved some success by disassembling & cleaning the connector under the tank after replacing the fuel gauge sender unit..now I need to clean the connections in the large multi-pin connector ..but it's stubborn, and I don't want to force it..

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
I have never had to disconnect that connector Bob, but a few years back my Wee was giving the exact same issue. I cured it by putting fuel system cleaner in a couple of tanks of gas. No issues since. The idea came from these pages.
I understand that you have replaced the sender unit but it worked for me.

Below is a parts sketch for my 2010 Wee.
The plug has a locking tab on one side - perhaps both.

·
Ex- moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bike is sold..it’s new owner is flying in from Toronto today and riding it home..I’m going to wash & wax it, get it as good as it can be for it’s new owner. It has 58,000km on it, very few problems since I bought it new in March of ‘10... its been a great bike, but a Yamaha FJR1300ES called me and so the Strom goes to a new home.

·
Premium Member
4,100 Posts
That top bar is elusive to many. I learned to be happy and ignore the fact that it comes and goes on it's own whim.
I'm with notacop, the older mine gets the more whimsical it is. :laugh2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts