StromTrooper banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought just occurred to me that since I live in California and do a healthy amount of lane splitting, does that qualify as a type of single track riding?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Yes, it does. It is also true, however, that all of us on two wheels qualify as riding in a single track.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it does. It is also true, however, that all of us on two wheels qualify as riding in a single track.
:mrgreen: :thumbup:

·
Registered
506 Posts
I'd say yes. I also used to yellow-line quite a bit... very exciting, very dangerous single-track, that stuff is :yikes:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, it is "legal" in the sense that there are no laws restricting the practice. And even the highway patrol split lanes as well. Plus, local PD turn out of the way to give you room even.

Now, whoever rides that fast while traffic is practically stopped is crazy. Lots of people do it, but not me. My rule is about 10mph over the flow of traffic. This usually gives plenty of time to stop. Plus, you are vigilantly watching for mirrors and openings.

·
Registered
7 Posts
WOW what an ID10T!! Max 20mph over traffic speed and if you can't see all the vehicles SLOW DOWN!! The van should have checked his mirror but all the rest of the traffic was stopped so probably didn't because of that.. Also it looked like they were using their turn signal too.. Squid move from a knob who wasn't paying attention. Maybe getting the bike fixed will give them time to learn how to avoid the next time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I go approx 10 mph faster than the cars. When the cars start moving 10 mph consistently I fall in line. I especially am ready for what this guy had happen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts