StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a couple of 2012 weestroms here in OZ.

My question is how do you tell a LAMS version from the full power version apart from taking the sellers word for it ?

·
Super Moderator
4,480 Posts
In NSW, at least, the rego papers will probably say it. It used to be on the rego label (see bottom corner of pic) - but we no longer have those.

·
Registered
7 Posts
On this topic, I am currently looking at a demo 2014 547 km's on clock at $8700 but was gutted to find it was LAMS version. Dealer didn't have a NON LAMS version to demo, they tell me it is a difference of 10 hp at top end (not impressed) but seemed somewhat vague about the rating difference. so online I go and find it is actually 21 hp difference, LAMS 47 hp Non LAMS 68 hp (approx 1/3 drop) :(, I couldn't find any power band graphs online and dealers seem to be vague or reluctant to provide these claiming Suzuki don't produce them. SO my question is can anyone cast some light on the pros and cons of LAMS or Non LAMS, (some say I might hold better resale with the LAMS) this is a bit of a brick wall in my head how much am I actually losing with the LAMS, in performance terms ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts