StromTrooper banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a few of us Southern California StromTroopers going on a ride this Saturday 12/6 around Lake Silverwood near Hesperia, CA.

In a Nut Shell:

Who: Anyone with an Adventure bike
What: A relaxed paved/dirt fire-road ride
When: Saturday 12/6/2008 9:00 a.m.
Where: Meet in front of Chaparral Motorsports
555 South "H" Street
San Bernardino, CA 92410
Leave by 9:15 to ride around Lake Silverwood

•I-15 North
•Exit Hwy 138, go East/Right
•North/Left on Dart Canyon Rd/Miller Rd (Dart Canyon Rd according to Mapquest, Miller Rd according to Google Maps)
•East/Right on Dart Canyon Rd North/Miller Rd (See above about names)
•North/Left on Pilot Rock Ridge Rd
•West/Left on Pilot Rock Truck Trail
•Pilot Rock Truck Trail will take you around the east side of Lake Silverwood
•West/Left on Hwy 173
•North West/Right on Hwy 138
•South/Left on I-15 South

Somewhere around 30 miles +/- from Chaparral over to the beginning of the trail. The dirt portion of the ride would be about 10 miles. From there it would be another 30 miles +/- of pavement for the return trip. After that we can grab a bite to eat if any one is interested.

Highway 138 back to Lake Silverwood is a fun twisty paved road. The trail, which I haven’t experienced first hand, would be about 10 miles. We’ll hit the dirt at about 3,200 feet, climb up to about 4,700’ and back down to about 3,200’.

Should be a fun morning "adventure" ride. Most of the people who are committed to going either have dirt riding experience, but not on their V-Strom (such as myself.) Or have a little experience with their V-Strom offroad. So it's going to be a relaxed pace.

If you're interested send me a PM so that we'll know to expect you.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Hello,

I know this thread is kind of dated, but I was curious how this ride went. I know you mentioned there was about 10 miles of dirt road that you had not done first hand before and that you had minimal offroad experience on the strom.

Thanks,
Jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts