StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is the wrong place:confused:

:beatnik:
Was up there for the anniversary, looks like there are some great roads in the area. Any locals who know good routes as the Wifey and I want to go back in the spring for some carving.
Please post a few highways and starting points, thanks in advance
Or if people want to arrange a time for a small group ride that would be good too. We are thinking of staying for 3-4 days.
:beatnik:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not a local, but I like 9N from Westport down to Lake George. You basically can't go wrong with any road in the area it seems to me.

If you didn't do them already, going up Whiteface mountain is pretty cool, take 86 out of Lake Placid to Whiteface Memorial Hwy. And the Ausable Chasm is pretty amazing to see.

·
Premium Member
4,549 Posts
Not a local, but I like 9N from Westport down to Lake George. You basically can't go wrong with any road in the area it seems to me.

If you didn't do them already, going up Whiteface mountain is pretty cool, take 86 out of Lake Placid to Whiteface Memorial Hwy. And the Ausable Chasm is pretty amazing to see.
Not a local either, but I agree. 9N and whatever up to North Pole and then Whiteface Mountain and then over to Saranac Lake. Was there in late September. Nice roads and fantastic scenery.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I am interested as well.

Have been up in the 'dacks many times by car/truck all my life....planning a 1.5 week Wee camping trip up there next Spring/early summer.

Just camped at 5th Lake in Lake Inlet recently, now that was a great campground. Planning on staying there for a few days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts