StromTrooper banner

Lake George Question

753 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  mullerjd
I'm thinking of riding up to Lake George next weekend (leaving on Wednesday and coming back whenever).. I've never been up there, so what roads are good ones? I see 9N being the road that runs parallel to the lake, but what else?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
52 Posts
Lake George if you must.

Lake George, the town, is a traffic disaster most of the time and a first class tourist trap. The lake itself is georgious. If you are coming from the south, I would go through Saratoga Springs, a beautiful downtown, then north on 9N to Lake Luzerne and then Lake George.

· Premium Member
2021 Tiger 900GT, '14 Vstrom 1000 gone but NOT FORGOTTEN!
2,446 Posts
lake george

Lake George, the town, is a traffic disaster most of the time and a first class tourist trap. The lake itself is georgious. If you are coming from the south, I would go through Saratoga Springs, a beautiful downtown, then north on 9N to Lake Luzerne and then Lake George.
The downtowns of Lake George and Saratoga will be busy with traffic on the weekends - it's summer! I live 5 minutes from Lake George, and there are tons of great roads to ride. Once out of the busy tourist towns, the roads are yours for the taking. Riding up to Lake Placid and circling around to the left through Saranac Lake, down to Indian Lake, over to Warrensburg and back to Lake George is a great ride. Also, check an map for this ride- take east Schroon River road out of Warrensburg (just north of Lake George), East Schroon River Road to Rte. 8 in Chestertown, make a right on route 8, follow it through Brant Lake over Graphite Mountain to Hague, turn right( south) and return to Lake George over Tongue Mountain - that is a great 3 hour ride with stops. Lastly, look into this- Route 149 East to Whitehall N.Y., route 22N to ticonderoga and then return any way you want. Hope this helps- Enjoy and ride safe. One last thing, you are aware of the Vermont ride August 19-21. It is only 2 hours from Lake George:thumbup:

· Registered
487 Posts
Bypass the town unless you plan on walking around. There is great riding if you continue on 9N up Tongue Mtn, Rt 8 at Hague, lots of great back roads around Ticonderoga up to Elizabethtown. If you take 9N from Saratoga to LG, you'll go right by my house in Greenfield.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.