StromTrooper banner

WHO IS INTERESTED???

1 - 20 of 257 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A very good buddy of mine has 6 acres in beautiful Eastern Ohio, as well as an "incredible" barn that has a finished 2nd floor. There would be plenty of room for camping, as well as shower/bathroom and a HOT TUB. He is more than willing to host a rally "with my help" for anybody that would like to attend. We would lead rides "split up" and travel some of the best riding the Buckeye state has to offer. Of course you are free to ride and come and go as you please......this will be very laid back. Of course after the riding is over......it is bonfire and bullshite time! What I need from you guys, is to start getting a tally of whom would be interested in this? I would need plenty of time to plan this, and it needs to be worth the time and effort put forth. We will put togther maps of the area, and try to make this a fun adventure for all. You guys can arrive as early as Friday, and leave as late as Monday. This would be allot of preperation for me and Glen, so this needs to be worth it. There is also a Sweetcorn festival that weekend where my buddy lives, so that is another option for things to do. LET ME KNOW WHAT YA'LL THINK!!!!!!!

SEPTEMBER 4-6TH!!!!!!!!!!!

11030 LAKE ROAD
MILLERSPORT, OH 43046

Brian

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Weather dependant

Big B

Weather depending I will most likely be there. Yes that is a definite maybe. Every year the Chicago Region BMW Club that I have been a member of for many year ride to LaCrosse, WI for that weekend.

Now that I am off BMW's since owning my last piece of crap from them with a R1200GS, usual drive train issues I have had since 1978, I tell my Beemer buddies that I just got tired of paying twice much for half the reliability.:p

I would love to come down and visit the Strommers if the weather looks good. I do ride in bad weather, but going to LaCrosse is only 1 day. Traveling that way I would need at least a three day window of good weather.

Hope you can pull it off, I know it would be appreciated.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Chances are I'd make it. Only having something unexpected come up or the weather being really bad would change that.

The La Crosse ride was on Memorial day weekend when I was in the CRBMWOA. When did that change?

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Like the others I cant give you a definite yes, but I am interested. I may talk Deb into an end of summer camping weekend.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Once again

Chances are I'd make it. Only having something unexpected come up or the weather being really bad would change that.

The La Crosse ride was on Memorial day weekend when I was in the CRBMWOA. When did that change?
Greywolf, once again you are absolutely correct, it is on Memorial Day. So BigB it looks like I can make it, of course as Greywolf says.

G

·
Big B and I talked this over and we're going to be working on routes, local hotels for the folks that don't want to camp, food, beverages, and anything else we(or anyone else) can think of.

We'd like to have 3 or 4 "rides"...with a maximum number of about 5 or 6 riders per group.

"Rides" would be in the range of 150-250 miles, depending on which you choose.

To those who aren't familiar with this area of Ohio...you're in for a TREAT!!!

Greywolf, I PROMISE....I will not:
#1. Shoot a gun
#2. Ride a motorcycle naked.

Everything else is fair game!!!

Come on people, let's make this happen!!!

BTD.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Sounds cool, still way too far in futuretime for me to commit.

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
I'm scheduled to work Sat that weekend so I won't know until August if I can get the weekend off. I may have to meet up Friday, work Sat and come back on Sunday.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
That's the heart of my work week as well, but there's a good chance I can shuffle things around. I've met Glenn, and seen his beautiful property, I'm pretty sure, unless he's moved or something. And, IIRC, he's got a buddy that rides a Harley so I won't be the only one!

Count me in, as long as I can get out of work.

·
Premium Member
18,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's the heart of my work week as well, but there's a good chance I can shuffle things around. I've met Glenn, and seen his beautiful property, I'm pretty sure, unless he's moved or something. And, IIRC, he's got a buddy that rides a Harley so I won't be the only one!

Count me in, as long as I can get out of work.
Same big ole Glen, same big ole property, same gig ole Goldwing that he can ride circles around most folks!!!!! Hopefully my buddy TA can make it, that way you'll have another hog rider. I really hope you can make it, would be really good to see you again.

Brian

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I'm quite certain I'll be able to Brian. That dude TA could ride circles around most folks on that hog too!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I'm thinking I can probably convince Ken to come along as well. I'm going to try to get in as absolute much riding as I possibly can this year.

1 - 20 of 257 Posts