StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain to Stromette why on the Givi topcase (at least the V46) on the latch is a white label stating "NAME_______ ADDRESS__________" :? Is this in case if the bag flies off while in motion it can be returned to it's rightful owner?? Did Givi put it there so if we decided to use our V46 instead of a real suitcase next time we traveled by air we wouldn't have to use a cheesy airline tag?? (BTW, I can't say I've seen any going around the loop in baggage claim but maybe we'll see one during the busy holiday season.) Seems to me putting your name and the location of where the bike is garaged was an idea created by a thief. Am I missing something? Am I the only one who thinks this is weird (and weird looking!)? :roll:

·
Registered
640 Posts
STROMETTE said:
Can someone explain to Stromette why on the Givi topcase (at least the V46) on the latch is a white label stating "NAME_______ ADDRESS__________" :? Is this in case if the bag flies off while in motion it can be returned to it's rightful owner?? Did Givi put it there so if we decided to use our V46 instead of a real suitcase next time we traveled by air we wouldn't have to use a cheesy airline tag?? (BTW, I can't say I've seen any going around the loop in baggage claim but maybe we'll see one during the busy holiday season.) Seems to me putting your name and the location of where the bike is garaged was an idea created by a thief. Am I missing something? Am I the only one who thinks this is weird (and weird looking!)? :roll:
If you decide to use it could you please add your social security number, date of birth and a number to a major credit card (don't forget the expiration date)?

·
Registered
1 Posts
ID info for Givi cases...

Hello Littlewind,

Just in case you detatch and happen to use your cases as luggage, these small tags act as ID if they happen to be misplaced. As silly as I first thought they were, they have proven to be very helpful. I left my Maxia topcase at school once and happily received a call from an honest soul to return it !!! Keep the rubber on the road here in the valley !!! 8)

Dolomite

·
Registered
441 Posts
Bear in mind everyone that these bags come from Europe were people travel by train and other methods all over the bloody place. Everybody has ID on their luggage and most use luggage often. It's perfectly normal over there where not everyone is ID theft paranoid.

The factory luggage for my K4 Strom came with these little white stick-on labels with the lines to fill in your info. It's very common for there to be the Country _________ line on the sticker (mine has it) because it's Europe and you're in a new country every time you turn around.

It's a Euro thing...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts