StromTrooper banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I miss-spent that beautiful day working. I did have last tuesday off. Spent the morning at the sherrifs office and court house getting tag title and tax work completed on my dead-NC-tagged Strom.

That barely left me with enough time to ride 490 out to the intersection of 89. There was a logging operation (I think) underway. A wide swath of mud was oozing across the road in a couple of places before the first bend in the road. another commitment demanded my appearance back in town. Showing up covered in dirt for it wouldnt have been copacetic.

If everything lines up, Tuesday looks like a good day to check out 89

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Passed away dead, but now reincarnated as a blue grass thorough bread...bread being a euphemism for money and a reference to the anal...er annual vehicular honorarium increase over the pirate kingdom of NC.

"Thorough bled state" would be more appropriate. Ouch!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Relocated to London KY and its getting closer to a thaw every weekend. I had rides like this one all around my house in NC mountains. No straight line droning to the fun stuff, a distinct lack of driveways, little traffic and the abundance and frequency of curves.

Anyone know of an easily accessible road that might provide me with similar opportunities...NEARBY? like 15 miles or nearer? Ive met cpd419 from Corbin and he has graciously volunteered to give me guide ants. But if anyone knows anything...I dont mind if its only a few miles in length; I can run laps on Sunday morning when the roads are empty. Its a zen thing.

hyper soundtrack - YouTube
Take 192 west out of London to Somerset. It's very nice and RT will take about an hour.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Found some nice forest service roads off 192; as in high speed gravel. Lots of driveways intersecting the asphalt portions but I've not made it as far as Somerset on 192 yet. Thanks for the suggestion, Jeff.

·
Registered
28 Posts
A little farther east, but 421 between 119 and Hyden is pretty damn good. You can pick up 421 in Manchester, run south ( mostly east at first ) to Hyden then 119 back to pineville, 25E/119 to Barbourville and north on 11 back to Manchester. It's a real nice loop. Probably longer than you want, but 421 and 11 are fun. 119/25E is not.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts