1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Givi E41 & V46 Monokey with SW-Motech quicklock sideracks

or

Krauser K4s & K5 with K-wing racks.

I'm planning on just getting the topcase initially. Still may yet decide to go with Pelican sidecases.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
961 Posts
I don't know if this will help, but one of my friends added a Krause top box to his DL1000 and on a recent ride when he wanted to get it off to go off road, it would not budge, he had to ride with it on. My Givi boxes come off and on very easily.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I love my V46 and find it very easy to put on and take of in seconds. However, I do like to look, prices and the fact that Pelican cases are virtually indestructible. If I had to do it all over again, I would go with Pelican cases. You can get 3 cases for the price of 1 Givi.

Wingman

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Where can you find the pelican cases?

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
805gregg said:
Scarlett Harlot said:
Where can you find the pelican cases?
Right in front under his beak.
And people think that I drink too much.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
First, I got the Krauser K5 for a topbox and then replaced it with a Givi 52 liter. The reason was for the extra 5 liters of storage. The only downside is that the Krauser is more solidly built than the Givi. Givi trim is poorly attached.

I also had Krauser Skyline side cases and swapped them out for Pelican cases. I kept the Krauser K-wing side racks and moved the mounting hardware over to the Pelican cases. To lock the Pelicans to the Krauser rack, I've got 12mm bolts through the Pelican and into the bottom holes of th K-wings. I was going to tap the metal racks, but ended up just tapping the plastic of the Pelicans. It does the job and prevents you from lifting the cases off the racks without taking the bolts out.

Strength-wise, the picture of the Toyota parked on top of the Pelican on the caribou cases website is a highly effective demonstration.

Both Givi and Krauser are too wide for side cases for my purposes. The Jesse boxes would be great with a 36" width, but they're only catering to BMW this year. The Pelicans on my K-wing racks make the bike about 40" wde.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts