StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've spent a lot of time trying to find mounting rack for Krauser K5 top luggage case, which I'd like to mount on my 2014 V-Strom 1000, but I found nothing.
Was anyone by any chance, able to attach Krauser K5 on their 2014+ V-Stroms? I have this K5 case which I used on my Honda VFR and I love it. So I have the K-Wing mount left from my VFR but it uses mounting kit for VFR.

I saw also SW-Motech were selling top case adaptor plate (SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack Topcase Adapter Plate (Krauser K4 & K5 Topcases) Without K-Wing - part# GPT.00.152.220, but it is discontinued. Not sure if it will fit on the V-Strom in case I find it on ebay for example. Any experience with that SW-Motech plate?

I will appreciate any help!

·
Registered
15,605 Posts
How different is the mount of the VFR to the Strom? Things like JC Whitney use universal bits of mounting hardware that you can adapt....if you are inventive.
I mounted a little Pelican on my 800ST BMW no sweat, the big ugly Hardigg on my Strom with odd u bolts and what was needed.
Some folks are looking for a neat and clean on/off arrangement that precludes a lot of DYI.
Looking at what vintage Krauser stuff for BMW's goes for I goofed getting rid of all that stuff I had...oh dang.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, this is the adapter plate I was curious if it will fit the '14 1000 V-Strom and where to find it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts