StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,
I know of three of us in the area with V Stroms. Myself, a guy I work with, and Steve (tennmoto). Is there anyone else in the Knoxville area that might be interested in getting together for rides. I do some riding at night so time of day is not an issue. Any bikes welcome.
Steve has also mentioned having a saturday morning breakfast before the ride. Anyone interested post here or PM.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live near Appalachain Museum, I would love to ride with some other v-stroms. I own a 05 650. Bought at the end of Aug, just past 4000 miles this week. My schedule is a little hit and miss.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bubbee,
PM me the best way to get ahold of you. Two of us are working through the weekend but maybe next weekend. We also do alot of night riding, so if that fits your schedule better. Let me know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bought the 1000 and am in the Dandrige area with a commute back to Oak Ridge. Still less than 1000 miles on the strom so still breaking it in. There are several local riders groups and stores in the area with web sites that list rides so that may help. Always interesting to see what others have done to the bike and why. 8)

PM me too if you don't mind.

·
Administrator
16,787 Posts
Maybe I passed by one of ya'll, yesterday evening on 321. Looked like a DL with no screen....I waved! Me and my buddy got down there Wed afternoon....then rode another 300+ miles that day. We left this morning, and I got back home about 3 pm. That was the most fun 4 days of riding that I have EVER had!!! I will argue with anyone, who thinks that there is better riding, elsewhere in the U.S.A. We rode the Dragon 3 times, and many other roads and routes. We rode the skyway, the parkways, the foothills...etc!!!! WOW, WOW, WOW. I feel like I rode the Dragon pretty good....man my buddy can ride his Gold Wing! His family has a house, just off 321....what an awesome location! The Strom ran PERFECT...and I got ALLOT of thumbs up from sportbike riders, when they heard my Leo Vince exhausts cranking out the RPM's. The worst mileage I got was 44 mpg.....I got 50 mpg on the way down, and 51 mpg on the way home. I was running between 75 and 80 mph on the interstates, and flogging the piss out of her in the twisties. :wink: I can't figure out why some people are getting such crappy gas mileage! :shock:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Big B, Two of us were out the night of the 25th riding on 321. So if it was that night it may have been us. But seems like I passed a Black DL1000 on friday when I was out that way again in my wifes vehicle. I am glad you enjoyed the riding in our little area of the world. Give us a shout next time you are down this way.

·
Registered
13 Posts
SmkyMtnVStrom, I work a 9 - 80 schedule. Off on Saturday and Sundays, with every other Friday off, and the next friday off is June 9th.

I plan on taking time off to go to the Hoot this year, is anyone else going? 8)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There has been talk about going between me and one of the guys I work with but nothing in stone yet. I am off the 20, 21, 22, 24 so I imagine I will be going a time or two. As far as the weekend of the 9th I am working the 9th and have to go to Memphis and help a friend move some stuff back here. I have thought of riding some this sunday if interested PM me.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome Jason, What part of Knox-Vegas are you in?

What is everyones schedule like? As in best days to ride. I have a rotating schedule at work so I am off alot during the week as well as weekends.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Stromette will be in TN 7/2 until 7/17-ish.

PM sent to SmkyMtnVStrom who appears to be yalls leader. Let's RIDE!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just went a monthly ride with the local Kaw-Suz shop in Kodak. shameless plug - http:/www.smokymountainmotorsports.com The Strom got a screw in the rear tire last week and I only have it plugged so I took the ZRX1200. Still was fun. 8)
I have all next week off and am going to HOOT most of those days. Demo rides are offered by various vendors, including BMW, Motog Guzzi, Triumph, Honda, etc.. not sure who all is there this year.

Maybe we can meet at the HOOT?
or
also good time to go riding outside of the HOOT. 8)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Knoxville Area Folks I have tentavely ask Stromette is she would be interested in riding in our area on the 5th of July. If she can do that, is anyone else interested in riding with us. Steve is that date good with you?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay everyone the date is set in stone. The 12th of July. So if anyone is off and up to it. We will ride the Smokies for sure and probably end up
over at Joyce Kilmer Nat'l Forrest. Then maybe over the Cherahola Skyway. It all depends on when she wants to start back to Nashville. Hope some of you all can make it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts