1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
I'd say that you would need to break out the leather vest and doo rag to ride with that group. Not that they aren't riders, but a way different style than what you are most likely used to. Also, after going to the website, no real updates since 2005, makes me just a little nervous as to the organization of the event. YMMV. If you want to do a IB, lets discuss next ride.

·
Registered
167 Posts
If you're looking for a "group" SS1000 I'd suggest you check these guys out.

http://www.mctourer.com/rides/2007/SS1K/index.html

This is a great group of guys and a great fourm too. They put on several IB events every year. Two years ago they put together the first nation wide SS1000 event. From the website I see that they have 3 starting points in Florida on 4/28.

I'd like to stress (as they do) that a SS1000 is an individual event, not a group ride. Sure you can ride it with a friend or two, but in the end you should plan a SS1000 as a solo ride. If you must ride as a group, set rules before the ride as to what you'll do in the event of breakdowns, running out of gas, sleepy, etc.

Keep me up-to-date... I've been wanting to do a SS1000, but haven't made the time yet. Maybe some of the Florida Strom riders with spare time could setup our own event as part of the above ride?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I'll start another thread and see if there's any interest in putting together a V-Strom SS1K.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts