StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any recommendations. Something I can spoon on for trips around central/eastern Oregon... dirt roads, some off road..... thanks all.

BTW.... this site is great!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Mitas E-07

Anyone have any recommendations. Something I can spoon on for trips around central/eastern Oregon... dirt roads, some off road..... thanks all.

BTW.... this site is great!
A lot of folks are talking about the Mitas E-07s on this site. I like mine after ~1700 miles. They are WAY better on gravel and dirt than the factory tires were. I spooned mine on, but it was a real chore. I got the E-07 Dakars with the 4-ply side wall.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,020 Posts
Not really knobbies like road legal DUnlop 606s but K60s handle dirt and gravel very well and last...save you doing the work.
Mitas E7s a bit better on pavement and in the wet and about the same off pavement...

but neither are knobbies....and I don't see the point on Wee.

·
Administrator
17,003 Posts
Not really knobbies like road legal DUnlop 606s but K60s handle dirt and gravel very well and last...save you doing the work.
Mitas E7s a bit better on pavement and in the wet and about the same off pavement...

but neither are knobbies....and I don't see the point on Wee.
Really depends on where and how you ride, and the right tires make a huge difference. :fineprint:

·
Registered
147 Posts
705s handle my driveway fine, which is mixed gravel, ruts, wet grass, and sloping up and out. Keeps the riff raff out. I've done a bit of loose gravel, pothole strewn curvy road and don't particularly notice that it's a bad surface. Same place and the Guzzi is squirting all over the place.

·
Vendor
5,169 Posts
For occasional fire roads and easy trail Price + performance = Shinko 705s

For me at least they are the real deal for unpaved roads of all types. I have been very happy with mine. They should be excellent for the unpaved roads and doubletrack of eastern Oregon (some of the best in the continental US).

For single track, wrong bike, but Shinko has some big block tires out there for about $150 a set.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'm on e-07s for my current 10,000 mile ride. I'm at about 5,000 miles on them now, with little wear.
My favorite tires are the Shinko 904/805s. Aggressive 80-20 knobs that stick like glue on the pavement( same rubber compound as the 705s) and cost less than 200 bucks a set. They just don't wear as well as the Mitas.... typically get about 5-6k rear, and 7k front.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Shinkos are a "pretend" adventure tire? Who knew? Thank Jebus no one told my bike that news, while we've been roaming around all the sand, dirt, and gravel roads that are all over the area I ride. I better make sure the S10 doesn't get a hold of my password and log onto the forum......

·
Registered
198 Posts
Dual Sport Motorcycle Tires

FortNine is giving his tire opinion in this 'Best Adventure and Dual Sport Motorcycle Tires of 2017' video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_2y9LSxbvQ

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/N_2y9LSxbvQ

Michelin Anakee 3 / Shinko 705 / Continental TKC70 / -Motoz Tractionator GPS / Shinko E805 / Kenda K270 / Shinko 244

·
Administrator
17,003 Posts
Mitas E07........Shinko 705 or 804/805.....can't really go wrong with any of these.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WOW... THANKS FOR ALL THE RESPONSES...

this will really help in narrowing my search. And I gotta say, you guys are funny about your "not so good mileage".... LOL.

In the sportbike world, I feel REALLY happy if I eek 3500 out of a rear tire, and thats with no track time.... It's hard for me to hear "only" and "5500 miles" together and not crack a little smile.

Reactions: 2thDr

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
The Shinko 804/805 are the knobbies.

The Mitas E-07 comes in either the standard 3 ply sidewalls or the extra stiff 4 ply sidewalls for hard riding on rocks.

Avon Trek Rider AV84 & AV85 are a new tire that is getting good reviews, about $275 a set.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Real happy with my E-07s. My understanding of the 4 ply sidewall (Dakars) is for added protection from sharp rocks when you are really off road. Does not happen for me much so I opted for the even cheaper E-07s. Lovin the price and the wear.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts