StromTrooper banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi from new zealand,just traded my st1300 on a new dl1000,what a magic bike ,comfortable,goes round corners,like its on rails,and got plenty of go.not as much weather protection as the st.fuel range,a couple of hundred km less than the st(quite thirsty),and its chain drive,but definatly more fun,and a lot lighter,which Im finding a real plus,think im falling in love,and am looking for a long and interesting relationship.

now just got to get the gps,radar detect,and throttle lock sorted,and finish running it in

·
Registered
710 Posts
Prior to buying your ST, did you test drive any other sport tourers? I only ask because my next purchase is going to replace my Concours 1000, and I have only ridden FJRs & Concours 1400. I have been told the ST feels much heavier than the others, but I would like a firsthand opinion.

·
Registered
813 Posts
hi from new zealand,just traded my st1300 on a new dl1000,what a magic bike ,comfortable,goes round corners,like its on rails,and got plenty of go.not as much weather protection as the st.fuel range,a couple of hundred km less than the st(quite thirsty),and its chain drive,but definatly more fun,and a lot lighter,which Im finding a real plus,think im falling in love,and am looking for a long and interesting relationship.

now just got to get the gps,radar detect,and throttle lock sorted,and finish running it in
Howdy, glad you're enjoying your Vee. I reckon they're fantastic for our riding conditions. Where you at?

Prior to buying your ST, did you test drive any other sport tourers? I only ask because my next purchase is going to replace my Concours 1000, and I have only ridden FJRs & Concours 1400. I have been told the ST feels much heavier than the others, but I would like a firsthand opinion.
I haven't ridden an ST but know a few ST riders and they can hustle them pretty well. They certainly are heavy and I think you need to be careful with tyre selection - a mate of mine has had some issues lately with Storm 2's on his. I'd still go for the Connie but then I'm a little biased...

·
Registered
710 Posts
I haven't ridden an ST but know a few ST riders and they can hustle them pretty well. They certainly are heavy and I think you need to be careful with tyre selection - a mate of mine has had some issues lately with Storm 2's on his. I'd still go for the Connie but then I'm a little biased...
What kind of mpg do you get with your '08?

·
Registered
813 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts