StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be leaving from Ontario in early September and plan a leisurely solo ride west and want to be in Las Vegas about October 10. I've a convoluted route through the US from Sault St Marie Michigan with many places to go, twisties to ride and pictures to take. I'll be riding homebound 2-up from Las Vegas.
I expect that I will need to replace both tires someplace enroute, likely along my planned route from Newport Oregon southbound along the coastal hwy 101 into California and then along hwy $299 eastbound to Redding.
Any recommendations as to a trustworthy shop where I can make arrangement to get some regular Metzler Tourance tires and get an oil change?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Dress warm, we've had 2 morning frosts already, and light snow on the upper elevations in the Cascades. Next week should be a warming up.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Tires in Redding

I'll be leaving from Ontario in early September and plan a leisurely solo ride west and want to be in Las Vegas about October 10. I've a convoluted route through the US from Sault St Marie Michigan with many places to go, twisties to ride and pictures to take. I'll be riding homebound 2-up from Las Vegas.
I expect that I will need to replace both tires someplace enroute, likely along my planned route from Newport Oregon southbound along the coastal hwy 101 into California and then along hwy $299 eastbound to Redding.
Any recommendations as to a trustworthy shop where I can make arrangement to get some regular Metzler Tourance tires and get an oil change?
I got some tires for my son during a long trip in Crescent City, CA. I don't remember the shop's name, but it was a Jap dealership, rather than Harley. There can't be too many there in a small town. Get hotel/motel reservations there early if you go there to stay the night. We did not, and there was NO PLACE to stay for 100 miles up the coast. We had ridden from Redding over to the coast at CC. Big temperature difference, like 50 degrees f. The coast is beautiful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts