StromTrooper banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...hasn't planned one of those "meet (somewhere near Columbus) and shoot the twisty bits in the S.E." rides somewhere near the coming holiday weekend. Must have family plans, or maybe it's a conspiracy? :bom_alien::bom_uhoh2::bom_alien:

·
Super Moderator
16,234 Posts
Yup...family plans. Rode just shy of 2100 miles during my mototrip 2 weeks ago, so I am good for a while. Think I'll ride my DR650 for a while instead.:cool:

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
No conspiracy! Parents are coming in from Fla and my oldest is having his 18th b-d so my weekend is already spoken for. We should explore the idea of maybe heading UP to Amish country, "Haven't been there and they tell me it's nice"

Ride safe!

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup...family plans. Rode just shy of 2100 miles during my mototrip 2 weeks ago, so I am good for a while. Think I'll ride my DR650 for a while instead.:cool:
Over 2000 miles; yeah that'll do ya. Wasn't aware you'd been on a trip. No ride report? Anyway, I figured there had to be a reason or two. You guys seem to keep up on the group ride plans pretty well as the opportunities arise. Other thing is that BYOB's just a couple of weekends after and it's in the same area of the state. Regardless, I'll be in the Colos. area most of the next couple weeks (for work) and I anticipate having at least a day or two off during that time. Maybe if I know a few days ahead of time I'll post an invite in Events on the off chance someone wants to, and can, join in. Otherwise I'll go and behave wrecklessly on my own.

No conspiracy! Parents are coming in from Fla and my oldest is having his 18th b-d so my weekend is already spoken for. We should explore the idea of maybe heading UP to Amish country, "Haven't been there and they tell me it's nice"
Ride safe!
Can we really trust the Amish with their quaint hats and all those loaves of bread?

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Over 2000 miles; yeah that'll do ya. Wasn't aware you'd been on a trip. No ride report? Anyway, I figured there had to be a reason or two. You guys seem to keep up on the group ride plans pretty well as the opportunities arise. Other thing is that BYOB's just a couple of weekends after and it's in the same area of the state. Regardless, I'll be in the Colos. area most of the next couple weeks (for work) and I anticipate having at least a day or two off during that time. Maybe if I know a few days ahead of time I'll post an invite in Events on the off chance someone wants to, and can, join in. Otherwise I'll go and behave wrecklessly on my own.

Can we really trust the Amish with their quaint hats and all those loaves of bread?
B keeps sayin that there are some decent roads around Holmes county so it may be worth a trip (besides, fresh bread is the BEST!)

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
Well, Monday looks like the weather is going to be awsome. My wife has to work. I think I am going to take off on the bike. If anybody is interested, post up and maybe we could hook up for a ride.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Wish I could HH, but I work the day shift and the midnight. Double time on holidays, woot!

Oh yeah and my bike doesn't run. But at least I know why!

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Some of us are riding to Dayton Saturday for a memorial service for an ADV'er killed in a crash in Florida.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, my weekend ride's going to have to be tomorrow. Leaving from Norwalk in the A.M. going South in a Mansfield-Newark-Marietta general direction, combing through that far SE area and back up via Medina-ish. It'll be a full day in the saddle. Looking forward to riding the curves with the video camera velcro'd to m' "head" (helmet) instead of having to hold it with my clutch hand like last summer.

I'll check in later tonight on the off chance someone wants to arrange an interception.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Look me up if you come through Mt. Gilead (near Mansfield). I work 4pm - 12am. I'll be the one in the white car with the lights on top.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok then. Don't know where I came up with Medina. What I meant to say was Massillon. Anyway. I'm leaving Norwalk at 8:30 a.m. tomorrow and taking Rt 60 all the way south to Dresden, quick hop over to Rt 666 (south) to sell my soul to the devil to learn to play this here geetaur. After that ???

Y'all be safe out there.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Look me up if you come through Mt. Gilead (near Mansfield). I work 4pm - 12am. I'll be the one in the white car with the lights on top.
I passed through Mt. Gilead this afternoon going north. Have to catch you next time, or visa-versa;)

Have a nice weekend.

I'll be good.:mod2_innocent:

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
666 is a nice ride but I like it more going north, out of Zanesville. Lets see, you are in the area, you should check out SR 541 going west from Coshocton, SR 83 between the crossroads town of Clark (N of Coshocton) and Coshocton, hell, pretty much every SR in that area is worth riding!

If you like exploring gravel look for the old railroad tunnel through the "mountain" near Tunnel Hill on SR 60.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hell, pretty much every SR in that area is worth riding!
QUOTE]

Yeah it gets good down there (TWSS). I'll look for that railroad tunnel when I get near there. Planned on taking 83 back north though I haven't been down that road before. Might even check out that 541E on the way back, although that seems to be headed closer to Mt. Gilead...hmm...:bom_policeman:

Awright. Got to fix some vittles.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I would like to meet up with some other Strom riders--maybe a dinner ride or a ride out for coffee. I live NE of Cincinnati in South Lebanon (Exit 28 on I-71), so the tri-state area is really my home and riding area. Dayton is 40 minutes away, that's where I bought the Bumble Bee.

Anybody interested in a regular meet up and ride?

Brent

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would like to meet up with some other Strom riders--maybe a dinner ride or a ride out for coffee. I live NE of Cincinnati in South Lebanon (Exit 28 on I-71), so the tri-state area is really my home and riding area. Dayton is 40 minutes away, that's where I bought the Bumble Bee.

Anybody interested in a regular meet up and ride?

Brent

Oye, Brent! That there's a post worthy of it's own thread.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts