StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Great picture . . . I see sparks coming up off the footpegs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Newb chimes in

Is it me or perhaps the angle of this pic that makes the lean angle look really shallow? Is it the combination of the weight of the passenger, the addition of the center stand and/or engine guard?

I dont own a strom yet but I am considering one and this picture concerns me a little.....but then again it could just be the camera perspective that makes it looks like a slight lean.

What say you?

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Great picture . . . I see sparks coming up off the footpegs.

:) Not even close to the foot pegs, more likely the center stand.

The bike needs the suspension set up, it is to close to dragging too many parts.

The shot itself is nice though, and the bike is gorgeous. I love the color.

Enjoy your rides, and best regards all,
Blair

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
I think it's the belly pan -- it looks like the sparks originate ahead of the center stand. The suspension does look pretty compressed front and rear.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Is it me or perhaps the angle of this pic that makes the lean angle look really shallow? Is it the combination of the weight of the passenger, the addition of the center stand and/or engine guard?

I dont own a strom yet but I am considering one and this picture concerns me a little.....but then again it could just be the camera perspective that makes it looks like a slight lean.

What say you?
+1. I thought so as well. Looks like the center stand. I have a center stand but have never scraped in a turn and my two up weight is more then these two. Maybe they are compressing the suspension in a harder turn. Any way, it's nice photo.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had so much fun at the Gap in October with my brother. Just ordered some pics from it. I can't wait til it warms up here in AK!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I think it's the belly pan -- it looks like the sparks originate ahead of the center stand. The suspension does look pretty compressed front and rear.
I agree. Definitely looks like the pan is on the ground.

That's an awesome picture though. If it were me I'd buy it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Not sure which turn he's in, it could be Gravity Cavity. There are several turns in the dragon that dip into a bowl and will compress your suspension fairly hard as you go through.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Not to rain on the parade, but not a great riding gear combination for aggressive riding. Nice helmet, nice looking leather jacket (might even have some armor maybe?), and then jeans with sneakers?! :confused: Would have been a GREAT pcture otherwise.

I had an off at 45 mph in February and very, very, very thankful that I had ATGATT. Not a single scratch, but some memorable bruises although.

My humble 0.02$

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
you guys are killing me talking about this picture, our proxy server at work blocks it! :cry:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
I think I might buy the picture myself and claim it's me.

Only problem, my wife would ask who is the woman on the back, because she would have reached over for the kill switch long before I got to try anything like that.

Will aluminum spark like that?
Maybe Killboy Photoshops the sparks in to sell photos?

Nice shot though.

And for anyboy who can't view the photo at work; they're real and spectacular.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Not to rain on the parade, but not a great riding gear combination for aggressive riding. Nice helmet, nice looking leather jacket (might even have some armor maybe?), and then jeans with sneakers?! :confused: Would have been a GREAT pcture otherwise.
I wasn't going to say it, but I'm not real impressed with his footwear. I'm guilty of wearing jeans a lot though. I do need to do some shopping for pants.

·
Registered
195 Posts

What say you?
I say it's pretty easy to drag the pegs. Both of my peg feelers are just nubs now. It helps, of course, to corner under power but even so, I find it MUCH easier to touch down on the Strom than on my SV650 standard.

·
Administrator
16,593 Posts
Cool pic for sure......not real sure I would ride like that 2 up though. As for scraping hard bits on the road, I have never done it. I really crank up the front and rear suspension, and YES I ride plenty aggressive.;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts