StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to lower my V, and then shorten the kickstand. Once upon a time I saw a vendor selling an adjustable length kickstand bracket thingy, where you cut out part of arm then bolt on the kit. Does anybody know who sells something like that?

·
Super Moderator
4,510 Posts
There are adjustable kickstands available.

·
Registered
14,228 Posts
I got one of those side stands hoping it would get longer than stock cus my bike leans too much. It doesn't! It doesn't really seem too strong and lacks the tang that operates the side stand switch. At least I was only out a couple bucks.
If you want to try it, pay the postage!
ps, I had to modify the mount and find a sleeve to make it work. It's actually a nicely machined piece of useless metal.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I got one of those side stands hoping it would get longer than stock cus my bike leans too much. It doesn't! It doesn't really seem too strong and lacks the tang that operates the side stand switch. At least I was only out a couple bucks.
If you want to try it, pay the postage!
ps, I had to modify the mount and find a sleeve to make it work. It's actually a nicely machined piece of useless metal.
That's what I was thinking, the OEM kickstand seems too short, Ergo, many foot extenders on the market.

·
Registered
14,228 Posts
" many foot extenders "
Yah, home made block of 1" extruded square aluminum tubing and a foot of aluminum diamond plate. The 04 Wee still leans more than I'd like. I got a new replacement pivot mount thinking it may have been bent but it made little difference. It was inexpensive though. Worth the try anyway.
If I extended the stand length it would interfere with the center stand when both were retracted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts