StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow riders,
I'm about to take a 2 day ride from Nashville,TN to just south of Cleveland, OH next month. My first day of riding will be mostly through Kentucky. I will be avoiding highways at all costs and would like to hear any suggestions on roads and camp sites in this very picturesque state. I'd like to cut across KY and camp maybe south and east of Cincinnati. Day 2 of my ride will be shorter as I plan to spend some time at the motorcycle museum in Pickering, OH.

All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.
Mike

Sent from my Motorcycle iPod touch app

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
The whole state is paradise. Depends on how straight a route you want to take. I like everything east of I-75 as it is hilly and curvy. The central part of the state is nice also.

There are a dozen or so old covered bridges southeast of Cincinati in N KY that are close enough to make a nice loop around them.

Hwy 42 along the Ohio is nice.

Horse country around Lexington, lots of huge old estate properties there.

I don't camp much, every lake has camping.

The AMA museum is definitely worth a half a day.

I would be glad to meet you somewhere and spend a day riding with you, let me know your schedule. I live southwest of Frankfort. If you would rather ride alone...I am not offended.

ENJOY

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
KY ride

Scott: Thanks for the recommendation. PM sent to you on my tentative route and date. Definitely willing to meet up.

Regards,
Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts