StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a front tire wear problem with my last set of stock Trailwings. I also have a KB-106 fork brace.

Say I want to be super picky about how the fork brace is reinstalled on the chance that it had something to do with the tire wear last time and I don't have an installation guide or torque specs. I can't find the maufacturer's web site or product information.

Any recommendations regarding super picky re-installing the fork brace are appreciated.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
How bout some more info on the tire wear...as in...cupping?

Cupping seems to be fairly normal on these kind of tires. Ensure your tire pressure is kept correct and that it is well balanced.

I have had 6 front tires on my Wee, they have all ended up cupping to one degree or another.

Cheers

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How bout some more info on the tire wear...as in...cupping?

Cupping seems to be fairly normal on these kind of tires. Ensure your tire pressure is kept correct and that it is well balanced.

I have had 6 front tires on my Wee, they have all ended up cupping to one degree or another.

Cheers
I've had tires cup on other bikes before but the wear on my last tire wasn't cupping.

Just off of the freeway contact patch which was wearing fine the tires were worn way down on both sides past the wear bars. There was some irregularities in the wear but not much, they were just worn down. And the rear tire is wearing fine. Tires looked new at 4500 miles when I bought the bike and by 6500-6900 miles the front was crazy-gone on the sides. I've never worn out any tire on the sides first until this tire.

It ain't because I'm Mr. Sportrider either. I was just riding 2 up in mild sporty fashion. Nothing that should have earned me a ticket or done anything to the tires.

I changed out the trailwings to original Pilot Roads (not the 2's) and I'm going to be real careful about wheel alignment and setup.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
More wear on the shoulders than the centre would be an indication of underinflation.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More wear on the shoulders than the centre would be an indication of underinflation.
Heavy, I suppose it could be underinflated but the tire has been set to 38-39 lbs. The rear tire is set to a couple lbs more and it was fine when I replaced it.

Here's a photo of how the front tire looked 2 up at 30 mph. Looks fine to me.

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Scott, THANKS a million man! That's what I was looking for. If you took a snapshot and posted that yourself I double appreciate it.
No problem, glad to help. Actually I just scanned the instruction sheet since I have the same fork brace.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts