StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
thats pretty interesting. I have ridden the ER650 and the parallel twin is a little buzzier than my wee... but still a fun engine. I just hope the Versys sits a little bigger than the ER.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
I like it...definitely different looking. That muffler looks like it would prevent a centerstand, though. Kawasaki already has a V-strom variant, don't they? I saw an orange one performing as a camera bike during the Tour de France. Is it only the 1000cc version?

·
Registered
961 Posts
I like it, finally someone comes out with a 650 twin for DS ( besides wee).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sregor said:
Kawasaki already has a V-strom variant, don't they? I saw an orange one performing as a camera bike during the Tour de France. Is it only the 1000cc version?
Yes, I believe it's called the Kawasaki KLV. I have only seen it in a 1000cc version.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The KLV is a rebadged DL1000, like the old Honda Passport was an Isuzu Rodeo.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I thought the BMW Rockster was the ugliest bike made. I stand corrected.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
What a frickin' hideous front end! What's with the death head light cluster? Put two dots and some teeth in the lower part and you have the perfect pirate bike :shock:

Oh crap. I'm already starting to like it. Thank God it's only a parallel twin.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sregor said:
I like it...definitely different looking. That muffler looks like it would prevent a centerstand, though. Kawasaki already has a V-strom variant, don't they? I saw an orange one performing as a camera bike during the Tour de France. Is it only the 1000cc version?
They used to....just the K4 model. The Kawasaki/Suzuki business partnership is now over.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I know that Kawasaki had announced they were coming out with a dualsport bike with the Ninja 650R motor in it. However, this is NOT what I was expecting. Sure am glad I bought the 'Strom when I did instead of waiting on this thing to come out.

Yep, the KLV1000 was sold by Kawasaki even though it was a DL1000K4. It was only available overseas, never one sold here!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Sregor said:
I saw an orange one performing as a camera bike during the Tour de France.
Just to pick nits, the "K-Stroms" were ridden by various race officials. Most of the camera bikes were Beemers.

I like the looks. I like it when a company steps outside the box stylewise, but apparently most people usually prefer the box. :) Don't know about the (apparently) 17-inch front wheel. That makes the bike much more street-oriented than the 'Strom, and more comparable to the Multistrada. That could be a plus or minus, depending on your point of view. KLR replacement it's not.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
JetJaguar said:
Sregor said:
I saw an orange one performing as a camera bike during the Tour de France.
Just to pick nits, the "K-Stroms" were ridden by various race officials. Most of the camera bikes were Beemers.

I like the looks. I like it when a company steps outside the box stylewise, but apparently most people usually prefer the box. :) Don't know about the (apparently) 17-inch front wheel. That makes the bike much more street-oriented than the 'Strom, and more comparable to the Multistrada. That could be a plus or minus, depending on your point of view. KLR replacement it's not.
It's definitely not a KLR. I would take a serious look at a modernized KLR that still maintains the KLR spirit. IMO That would be a winner.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Huh, I must have terrible taste or something, b/c I not only *LIKE* the way my DL1k looks, but I also likes the looks of that new Kaw... 8)

I also happen to think the SuperMotard is sexy... :roll:

What's wrong with me, anyways?

that was a rhetorical question, guys :p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts