Strom Trooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased this tank lock bag from Motostorm in Italy. The Kappa products are made in the Givi factory. Apparently Kappa is owned by GIVI'S daughter. KAPPA are slightly cheaper than Givi and some products fit to Givi frames, tank Flang etc. This is a 15 Litre tank lock bag. Fitted today.

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
Have had several Kappa products, in fact we LOOK for them over givi, considerably cheaper, but no loss of quality, hard to find though, have to scour ebay on the Italian sellers to find the better stuff, and jag one that post not a killer.

You wont regret buying Kappa

·
Registered
650 Posts
Good to know that despite being cheaper than Givi - Kappa arn't crappa! ;)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Anyone know if they use the same locks ?
Givi and Kappa?
Have Givi panniers and a Kappa topbox all using a different key! seen keyed alike sets of 3 for sale for the Givi's if they fit both I'll change them over, only been a week and it's giving me the shits already.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Anyone know if they use the same locks ?
Givi and Kappa?
Have Givi panniers and a Kappa topbox all using a different key! seen keyed alike sets of 3 for sale for the Givi's if they fit both I'll change them over, only been a week and it's giving me the shits already.
I have 3 x trekkers, givi wanted something like $75 for a key kit, local locksmiths keyed all the same in about half an hour for $20!

All they do (locksmiths) is pick one key then adjust the tumblers inside other locks to suit.

So go see your locksmith

·
Registered
619 Posts
I got a set of Givi bags/topbox second hand, then found that they fit on Kappa racks, so bought the quick detach racks via an Italian dealer on eBay. Identical to the Givi racks, but cheaper. Very happy with them. 3 different keys on the bags was a PITA, but I DIY'd a tumbler rearrangment. Was not straightforward as one bag had a slightly diffferent lock construction, but some work with a file fixed it, now all work off one key.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I also opted for a Kappa tank bag, great size for me, Geelong Peter Stevens.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I also opted for a Kappa tank bag, great size for me, Geelong Peter Stevens.
I will not purchase from PeterStevens again. They are way overpriced and very bad business for me when I wanted to buy a bike (2x times).

I got a lot of gear from them until I learned my lesson.

Also you can try bikemart.net.au (no online shop though) but pretty cheap gear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts