StromTrooper banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just finished installing a Kaoko Throttle Lock with Barkbusters. Everything went smooth and it works like a charm.

The part that Twisted Throttle sells for this application (KBB220) has been out of stock for quite a while and I have a long trip coming up so I started doing some research. As it turns out, Kaoko recommends a different part number (KAOVARA) than Twisted Throttle for this application so I took a chance and had Twisted Throttle send me that one instead.

Worked out just fine!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything went smooth for me, never had to send anything back. KAOVARA fits on a Strom with Barkbusters and functions perfectly.

The only real issue I have is that the product is made from materials commonly available on Earth. I just naturally assumed that, for the ridiculous amount of money they charge, it would be made of Unobtanium straight from Pandora.

I don't often hope that an original product gets replaced by a Chinese copy but frankly Kaoko deserves what they get if that happens in this case. I should have gotten a 50% discount at least since it was being installed on a Suzuki and not a BMW.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts