StromTrooper banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I just took delivery of a Kaoko throttle lock from Twisted Throttle. It is the VS1000um. They said it was correct and would fit. HOWEVER no matter how I try to arrange it the collars and sleeves do not line up with the Suzuki hand guards. I also have the Suzuki heated grips. Has anyone installed these with Sucess?

Additionally if you plan to install theses you will need to grind down the internal weld inside the bars. My Concern with that is compromising the bar strength.

Patiently waiting for correct answers

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Additionally if you plan to install theses you will need to grind down the internal weld inside the bars. My Concern with that is compromising the bar strength.
Removing that inner bit of weld 'seam' inside the bars won't do any harm.

·
Registered
618 Posts
there are a few different versions of the throttle lock. one works with heated grips and guards, one only works with guards, and one with just the throttle lock i would check to make sure which you received.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I have one fitted on my 650 with the OEM handguards, no problem. There are 2 different versions, 1 for handguards and 1 without. The one for handguards has a groove in it for the handguard to fit.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Call T/T I'm certain they will make it right for you. I plan on ordering the kaoko at some point.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Not a helpful post, as I have the Kaoko with OEM guards and Oxford heated grips, but will say, it's a helluva nice gadget!

I used to have a Throttlemeister on an older bike, and really was not impressed with the operation of it....the Kaoko is easier to use, and works like a charm, worth the headaches, hang in there.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input. At this time I will ass-u-me I have the incorrect kit. BTW this part number was found on the Kaoko Mfg. web site. Consider yourself warned.
Step 2 is to work it out with The Twisted people.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm going to install mine this weekend, along with Oxfords and Barkbusters. The Kaoko came as a single-sided unit for the right grip only.
What are y'all doing for the left-side bar end?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Answers to question 1
The bars are stock. I have not messed with them...yet

Answer 2
The left bar end is stock and not a good match to the Kaoko. The Kaoko is slightly larger, shaped different and matte finish compared to the OE. I will post some photos as soon as I can.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I find that Go Cruise does the same function, for 1/5 of the price, easier to install, and it is safer to operate - with the index finger, instead of the pinky, and cancelling it requires just twisting the throttle forward.

·
Registered
875 Posts
The Kaoko looks stock, high quality, and IMO works as well or better than any other throttle lock, and most other throttle locks look like plasticy add-ons. It is expensive though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts