StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Kaoko throttle lock for the previous generation is the same as for our bikes? Did anything change in the design of the bar or bar-end weight that would affect it? Neither the manufacturer website nor Twisted Throttle explicitly mentions the 2012.

Thanks!

p.s. Has anyone used one and are they any good?

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I have one on my '07. It's better than nothing to give your hand a momentary break, but it's nowhere near close to being a functional cruise control.

No reason why it shouldn't fit the '12 that I can see.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I used Kaoko on my K7, but felt like it was not worth the installation trouble, due to moisture making it into the handle bars a bit, as compared to the number of times I use it and the inconvenience of reaching over a bit to set it.

I now use this (flat black finish, not the chrome thing they're currently showing) on my L2, which is much cheaper and I find quite a bit more suitable for the amount of time I really need a lock: motorcycle throttle control

·
1,237 Posts
Hi Snowkarver
I have put the kaoko on my bike.
It is the same one as for the old model.
The part number on the packet is vs1000uw
It was a tight fit into the bar.
I've only used it a couple of times so far will hold the throttle on similar to a vista but is not a cruise control as such.
I think it will take a bit of getting used to compared to the vista I had on my gs500.
I did get the CC4 but couldn't get it to fit so I returned it.

Hope this is of some help

Cheers Gotawee

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great, thanks for all the helpful feedback.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts