StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018Been looking for the Kaoka throttle lock for the 2018 vstrom 650 abs witht the oem handguards.Seems as tho no one has them and no one knows when they are coming in. Does anyone out there have any solution. Thanks

·
Registered
162 Posts
2018Been looking for the Kaoka throttle lock for the 2018 vstrom 650 abs witht the oem handguards.Seems as tho no one has them and no one knows when they are coming in. Does anyone out there have any solution. Thanks
Check into an Atlas throttle lock. Very easy installation. Adjustable friction and easy to use push button on/off instead of winding your throttle back and grabbing a friction ring at the same time. Also, made in the good old USA. I rode with mine for the first time a couple of days ago and once I get it adjusted properly I think that I will like it a lot.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I found Kaoka tricky too fiddly for my clumsy fingers. I got a Vista for $40. Easy push button on-off and compatible with hand guards as it fits in next to the switch block. A bit of McGyvering required to fit it but it works great.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I’ll second the Atlas. Love mine. I’ve used it for about 20,000 kms and don’t have a single negative thing to say about it. I’ll buy another if my next bike doesn’t have cruise control.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have a Kaok on me 2015 and would Not give it up for anything. Now to put one on me wifeys and can not be found. Kaoka makes one just for the 2018 with the OEM handguards but they seem to be sold out every where. Tha alone seems to me to be the throttle lock of choice. Even AdventureTech is sold out! Wow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts