StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, looks like they can be trimmed some,but I seem to have length as the mirror and throttle can be slid.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NyMe…… Do you have an opinion as to which style of grip gives the best vibration isolation?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Your internet prowess needs some work. :wink2:

Good one!

Be careful of knock offs grip puppies. I've seen some knock off out there and have never experienced off brands.

·
1,236 Posts
Yep all fits ok we originally had the following
Oxford heated grips, grip puppies, G2 Throttle tamer, kaoko and OEM handguards.

But we now have all of the above but with Bark Busters instead of OEM guards and a new Kaoko to suit the BB as the old one doesn't work with them.

+1 for Grip puppies are the way to go thicker and stronger more durable don't buy grip pussies they aren't as good.

Hope this helps :smile2:

Cheers GotaV2

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the picks v2. Got my grips on the way. Looks like we have the same Garmin GPS. I don't have the model#in front of me but, paid extra for the xm radio feature only to find the moto mount does not allow the antenna connection, so no radio unless you use the supplied auto mount. Very deceptive on Garmin part I say. I like where you mounted it up high near the line of sight for cruising. Gday from Ohio USA.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yep all fits ok we originally had the following
Oxford heated grips, grip puppies, G2 Throttle tamer, kaoko and OEM handguards.

+1 for Grip puppies are the way to go thicker and stronger more durable don't buy grip pussies they aren't as good.

Hope this helps :smile2:

Cheers GotaV2
Don't mean to thread jack, but how exactly do you have your Oxford controller mounted...I had to mount mine horizontal in that location and really don't like it!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
1,236 Posts
Don't mean to thread jack, but how exactly do you have your Oxford controller mounted...I had to mount mine horizontal in that location and really don't like it!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Yes thats all we did straightened it out then we mounted it to the GPS handlebar mount which I now use for the SPOT as we have a new GPS for the stroms and a new mount the boomerang :wink2:

Cheers GotaV2

·
Registered
41 Posts
What's the chance you could post few more detailed photos of your new set up with bark busters?
I'm looking at doing the same setup but a bit worried about too much weight and clutter on the bars. I don't particularly plan on much real off road stuff, mostly just dirt roads.

Thanks
V

·
1,236 Posts
What's the chance you could post few more detailed photos of your new set up with bark busters?
I'm looking at doing the same setup but a bit worried about too much weight and clutter on the bars. I don't particularly plan on much real off road stuff, mostly just dirt roads.

Thanks
V
Will take some pics tomorrow and post them for you :wink2:

Do the grip puppies reduce the heat from the oxfords?

Where can i buy grip puppies?
I think we got them from Motorrad Garage a Western Australian company.

Not sure about warm up difference as we have always had grip puppies on our heated grips.

Cheers GotaV2

1 - 20 of 25 Posts