StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using Heidenau K60's? If so, where can I get them and what size will I need for an '09 DL650? I know this has probably been answered somewhere here, but with 2 kids it's hard to find the time to scroll through.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Anyone using Heidenau K60's? If so, where can I get them and what size will I need for an '09 DL650? I know this has probably been answered somewhere here, but with 2 kids it's hard to find the time to scroll through.
No offense, but do you have the time to google it? Sizes are also in the back of your manual.... We all have busy lives...

·
Registered
15,528 Posts
The tire sizes are also marked on the side of the tires on your bike.
I'se been doing a bit of looking for them myself for future reference. Not a lot of suppliers carry them.
Dennis Kirk, Chapparrall are possibilities. I just got a mix match of Battle Wing and Tourance. I really need to order some and have them on hand for when these wear out so I don't have to do last minute shopping.
In case your little bundles of joy keep you from it and the other meanies here don't co-operate, 110X80X19 Front and a 150X70X17 rear.
Ain't I just a help?????

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'se been doing a bit of looking for them myself for future reference. Not a lot of suppliers carry them.
Ehhhh I guess I'll re-post. Not trying to be a douche but seriously, it's like people are even trying.

Edit: just noting that there are seven (7) retailers on the front page of google alone.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I bought mine through Revzilla last year. Their prices were as good as anyone's and I trust them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
152 Posts
I was really impressed with my front K-60 -- I have to ride at least 1 mile of dirt roads to get to work. 3 miles if I take the short cut. I just have the front and it feels more stable -- The highway noise is a minor thing to me -- I would buy them again. Revzilla is a site sponsor and I would recommend you use them.

Let me know if there is anything else I can tell you about them.
good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I appreciate most of the replies here. I don't mean to sound like an idiot by asking such an apparantly absurd question but the reason I posted was the Heidenau website shows the sizes as "K60 150/70 B 17
110/80 B 19". Maybe I am reading into it too much but the B threw me off.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I appreciate most of the replies here. I don't mean to sound like an idiot by asking such an apparantly absurd question but the reason I posted was the Heidenau website shows the sizes as "K60 150/70 B 17
110/80 B 19". Maybe I am reading into it too much but the B threw me off.
Over-analyzing it yeah :).

Nice tire if you ride dirt occasionally and just want to get through with minimum grief.

Yes, TKC-80's have better grip but life is so poor that they are likely mostly worn before they see dirt for me. I don't willingly ride on wet dirt roads and the K60's are good enough on dry ones.

No real problems with on road grip, handling is fine for me there as well.

Pete

1 - 10 of 10 Posts