StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i need some help from the knowledge collective here at Stromtrooper.

I have finally managed to sell my old bike and have the money ready for a new-to-me wee.

I am currently looking at two bikes, both similarly priced. One is a flat black k6 with 18k kilometers, and the other is a blue k7 with 15k kilometers. The k7 is 200 EUR cheaper but has no extra gear on it while the k6 has the engine guard and top case and a mount for sidecases.

Since i know there is a bit of a difference between k6 and k7 which would be the one you would go for?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
You did not say if the K7 had ABS...and have you seen the mainteneance records for both bikes? Those are the things I would use to help make a decision.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You did not say if the K7 had ABS...and have you seen the mainteneance records for both bikes? Those are the things I would use to help make a decision.
K7 is the non-abs version. I know for a fact, that K6 has a maintenance book, not sure about the K7 but it is being sold by a reputable dealer, so i presume it has it too.

I forgot to mention, that the guy owning the K6 dropped it on some diesel on the way out of a gas station, so the engine guard is a bit scraped, but i'm willing to overlook that :).

How noticeable is the difference between both models with regards to their "mechanical" differences (dual spark plugs, different ECU, different exhaust...)?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
I had a K5 and have a K7. The only difference I notice when riding outside of ABS is the K7 gets slightly better fuel mileage at speeds under 65mph.

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
My 08 has a lower top speed than the 06 I test-rode by 20 km/h; I assume that the 07 would be the same. Not a big deal though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts