StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a K&N in their Strom? If so, did you do any mods to the air box? Thanks, Steve

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I installed one with no mods at 1200 miles. It worked great for 8000 miles then I started hearing a sucking air noise at 6 to 7000 rpms. I still haven't figured out how to prevent the sucking air sound or what caused it. Any help would be appreciated. According to the install instructions no modifications are necessary.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RE the sucking noise
Assuming the filter is properly fitted [ and you should check this] it's just more air getting in and nothing to worry about.

All the bikes I've put a K&N on have had a little more intake noise to a greater or lesser degree.

I just put mine on so we'll see if I can hear it.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just don't forget to oil it once in awile. It could get noisy with no moisture and there will be dust getting through also.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I just had one put in at 27,000 miles the bike is running better with it. I haven't noticed any more noise in the intake of air.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is rdclark on my girls computer. My noise stopped?? O weel, the bike runs great and im up to 14000 miles now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts