StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine have come undone twice now and on both bitumen and dirt. :yikes:
It was the nearside (clutch side) both times.
Got it before it fell off thank goodness.

Cheers Gotwee

·
Registered
15,501 Posts
You may want to snug down the fasteners next time you work on the bike. I ain't never had nuthin' come off my motorcycles since I got rid of the 1955 Ariel Huntmaster. That was a quality bit of English engineering. That company went from motorcycles to paint mixers. Highly respected for the paint mixer they made.
Oh, maybe a Krauser saddle bag or two fell off my BMW's after a couple hundred thousand miles on them.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
It happens on the clutch lever side if the mounting nut isn't tight enough. The one on the brake lever side will tighten from wind force.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yup, left one came loose. When I retightened it I did decide to use a light weight thread locker, Vibra Tite.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, tighten them silly...:confused: And please don't ask us how...:biggrinjester:
We have as tight as they will go but they still come undone.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've had this happen a couple times. Most recently last week. Just roll up the boot cover and tighten the top hex nut. One of the wrenches that's in your tool kit under the seat will do the trick.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yup, two miles after leaving the dealership when brand new. Tightened up when I got home and it's been fine for the last two months and 2600 miles.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Not as such, I keep killing crows with mine.

WHAM !, cloud of feathers, mirror at right angles to where it needs to be.

Pete

1 - 12 of 12 Posts