StromTrooper banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
My 6th bike in 50 years is an almost new 2017 Wee 650. It was time for me to downsize from my 1850cc, 900# cruiser. I was able to make a straight up bike trade with a nearby SoCal resident: Givi screen, 2 sets of tires, upgraded seat, non-functioning fog light (I need to debug wiring), cage, luggage brackets. I did need to replace seat with Suz. short seat and back off spring pre-load, as I have 29" inseam, but all is well now (anyone interested in an MINT Sear Concepts Comfort Tall seat?). 2/3 the power, half the weight, and I'm still on 2 wheels - YEA! Looking forward to racking up some miles in the local mountains. Photo from day 1 at new home.

Rujorujo

·
Registered
2021 VStrom 650 XT
144 Posts
Previous owner definitely farkled your bike up. T-Rex racing crash bars AND skid plate. Pannier support, GIVI airflow windscreen, etc. I'm in South Orange County and ride a lot in the SoCal area. PM me if you want to join. I have a '21 650 XT.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi all,
My 6th bike in 50 years is an almost new 2017 Wee 650. It was time for me to downsize from my 1850cc, 900# cruiser. I was able to make a straight up bike trade with a nearby SoCal resident: Givi screen, 2 sets of tires, upgraded seat, non-functioning fog light (I need to debug wiring), cage, luggage brackets. I did need to replace seat with Suz. short seat and back off spring pre-load, as I have 29" inseam, but all is well now (anyone interested in an MINT Sear Concepts Comfort Tall seat?). 2/3 the power, half the weight, and I'm still on 2 wheels - YEA! Looking forward to racking up some miles in the local mountains. Photo from day 1 at new home.

Rujorujo

View attachment 289168
I might be interested in a trade of sorts. If you check the for sale forum I have racks and cases from Shad in top notch condition.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Hi all,
My 6th bike in 50 years is an almost new 2017 Wee 650. It was time for me to downsize from my 1850cc, 900# cruiser. I was able to make a straight up bike trade with a nearby SoCal resident: Givi screen, 2 sets of tires, upgraded seat, non-functioning fog light (I need to debug wiring), cage, luggage brackets. I did need to replace seat with Suz. short seat and back off spring pre-load, as
Hi all,

Rujorujo

View attachment 289168
What would you want for the seat?
Cash, Trade??

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
I know I've seen the case guards on the bike before. Who makes those? I need a set for my new BMW if I want to use the soft bags I have.
Where in So Cal?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi all,

Rujorujo

View attachment 289168
Sent u a PM if the seat is still available.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know I've seen the case guards on the bike before. Who makes those? I need a set for my new BMW if I want to use the soft bags I have.
Where in So Cal?
I don't see a brand name on the case guards. I'm in Murrieta, CA

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
I don't see a brand name on the case guards. I'm in Murrieta, CA
You retired? I is . Maybe come by and see how those guards look? I'm going to have a muffler problem on my new F750GS. Unless I can find some used factory bags!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, I'm retired. We can hook up so you can check them out. I see you're from Pasadena, want to meet in Chino Hills? I can meet you at Costco on Peyton Dr. just off 71, latter part of weekday morning to avoid commute traffic. When?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, I'm retired. We can hook up so you can check them out. I see you're from Pasadena, want to meet in Chino Hills? I can meet you at Costco on Peyton Dr. just off 71, latter part of weekday morning to avoid commute traffic. When?
View attachment 289353
FYI - I can't do tomorrow (Mon 07/26) morning.

·
Registered
VStrom DL 1000XA 2019
50 Posts
Hi all,

Rujorujo

View attachment 289168
Very nice !

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Yeah, we could do a meet over there. Tomorrow, Tuesday, the rain is supposed to go away.
Or, your call on when. Lemme know, thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I sent you the Mfg link earlier today. We can meet tomorrow 11 am. There's a Wendy's in the north end of lot near 85* Bakery. I'll be wearing a blue Joe Rocket jacket.

here it is again: DL650 2017 +

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I sent you the Mfg link earlier today. We can meet tomorrow 11 am. There's a Wendy's in the north end of lot near 85* Bakery. I'll be wearing a blue Joe Rocket jacket.

here it is again: DL650 2017 +
Are we meeting Tuesday morning in CH at 11am?

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
OK, with the info on the maker you have saved us a jaunt out to see what it is. Thanks and enjoy a free day.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts