Strom Trooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I order this, receive this, and then dig my way to the air filter box, this does fit my k6 Vee, correct?
AIR FILTERS:

HiFloFiltro #HFA3614

Amazon says it does not. But WTH do they know?

thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
That's the correct one.

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright then. Order in.
Now I get to study the videos on how it is done. Believe it or not, I've never had to open it up before.
Now to learn how to swear in every language.
thanks

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Amazon also agrees HFA3611 is the correct fit. So, now I have one of each on the way.
If HFA3614 is wrong, then Big B will be notified of the error on his sticky, which is where I got 3614 in the first place.

Thanks for looking! What a Trooper!!

·
Registered
569 Posts
To do a job right you need four things.
1) Hammer
2) Screwdriver
3) The LOOK, that's so it knows you mean business.
4) A good bottle of drinkable ETOH.
Anything else needs a mechanic.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Let us know what you think of the aftermarket filter.

I have about 5,000 miles on one. I went from a K&N to this because I don't trust K&N off road. However I noticed right away that the Hi-Flo seemed to cause the motor to bog some when WOT in 6th pulling the steep hill I ride every day to work. I never noticed it with the K&N.

People on here have compared the OEM and Hi-Flo and said the OEM had larger holes.

When I get a chance I'm going to try a stock filter - yes I know they are stupid expensive. I'm hoping they will have more flow than the aftermarket.

Be sure to tell us if you notice any difference.

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Let us know what you think of the aftermarket filter.

I have about 5,000 miles on one. I went from a K&N to this because I don't trust K&N off road. However I noticed right away that the Hi-Flo seemed to cause the motor to bog some when WOT in 6th pulling the steep hill I ride every day to work. I never noticed it with the K&N.

People on here have compared the OEM and Hi-Flo and said the OEM had larger holes.

When I get a chance I'm going to try a stock filter - yes I know they are stupid expensive. I'm hoping they will have more flow than the aftermarket.

Be sure to tell us if you notice any difference.
I chose the H-Flo just b/c it is on Big B's sticky on filters.
And I'm not often in WOT uphill or anywhere, but I'll try and notice any differences. The K-N is in there now. I noticed a fat lot of nothing after installing that one. As long as this one doesn't cause problems, I'll be a Happy Trooper and will celebrate with a couple cold craft brews while congratulating myself on another fine motorcycling decision.

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Installed the new air filter yesterday. Turns out the HFA3611 is the correct filter. The 3614 is much larger, shaped wrong.

Took to the freeway at 80. If there was a difference, I didn't notice it.
As long as it works and I don't need to change it for a while, it is good enough.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I switchef

Ran K & L for about 20k and chg to OEM due to advice here. Don't notice a difference. But don't have much dust here either. Will go back to the K&N mostly because I have it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts