StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long and painful winter here in VT, I put 500 miles on my new Strom this weekend. As I suspected from lurking on the site over the winter, buffeting over 55mph was a problem.

I tried a friend's stock screen with a touring lip installed (screen at the highest position) with little to no effect. I decided to order a Madstad before rolling the dice on an alternate screen.

Any suggested settings for a 6'2" rider with a 35" inseam to get me headed in the right direction?

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Any suggested settings for a 6'2" rider with a 35" inseam to get me headed in the right direction?
I'm the same height as you, also on a 1K. I set mine half way down, and angled it about the same as the forks. Worked OK for me on my stock shield. May be a good starting point for you.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Mine is in top position tilted 75% to the rear.
I'm not as tall as you, might want to try 50%.
Pretty easy to adjust though, you'll probably try all the positions, I did.
Jim

·
Registered
60 Posts
6'3" w/34" inseam here. I have the 22" MP Cycle Designs screen. I mounted the Madstad bracket in the top position and ride with the screen about 2/3 of the way up and all the way back. The sweet spot appears to be where, when looking over the top of the screen, my sight line falls about 50 feet in front of the bike. Not sure if this will be helpful to you, but it took me a while to figure out my own set-up, so I figured any little bit might help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts